Just wanna say THANKS...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dhave_Malloc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 6, 2009
Redding, California
I just want to take this opportunity of my first post just to say thanks to all the people here at SatelliteGuys that have helped me learn these last two years I have been lurking. "Thanks" I decided to register and tell you.
About a year ago I bought a motorized system and installed it on the roof. But from the start I had about 10 degrees of wiggle in the SG2100.:( :confused:
I tightened the tube to the shaft (that wasn't it), I adjusted the backlash (that wasn't it). I tore it apart and found that the plastic gear was not tight on the shaft. Is it just press-fitted on there?
Anyhow, after reading here about people having the same problem with wiggle and the response from the same company I decided to save myself some headaches and buy a DG380 from Sadoun. And I am glad I did! That DG380 is 'spot on' all across the arc. I couldn't do that with the SG2100.
Now I am most happy :D, but you couldn't tell that, could you?

Yes FTA can be great when everything works correctly.

Its hard to explain the joy when you have it all working correctly. :)

Congrats!

Nothing like the feeling of getting it right!

I Know the feeling as do most of us guys here!

You are in the right place for Everything Satellite!!

:welcome Dhave_Malloc to The Satellite Guys!!

man there's no hope for you now. its beyond an addiction first you get the bug, next you do your own install, then you can't stand it cause its not perfect, then you peek signals several days in a row to get the weakest signals to come in.....now that you get it about as perfect as can possible be and you decide to tweek it a bit more.... :)

i can see it now , probably requires more equipment, newer receivers.... there's no help for you ..... :) :D

hey i can't wait to see your next project a "c-band dish" :D

and although you've been here lurking for a while :welcome to the group

:welcome to SatelliteGuys! Glad you got your system going good now. I have to agree...next step- C-Band.:D Take it from a guy with 8 dishes, this is only the beginning! :eek:

Thanks goes out to the 'Welcoming' committee. ;) Food and drinks next time! :hungry:
And you guys are right, C Band is next. I went for a walk a couple weeks ago and saw a new-looking 8', maybe it was a 10', mesh dish about 2 blocks south of here. The tenant said the dish had been there a long time, nobody is using it, he didn't know anything about it and the owners live out of state. I know it is old because the trees are all growed up around it on the southern sky. Sure looks nice tho. It would even look nicer in my yard. :D Wife is all for it, too.
Wife commented the other day on our way over to see our son and his family that we make turns where either people have a BUD out in their yard, or that there is a dish farm (owned by MediaCom) where we need to turn. I swear, that's the landmarks I go by to get to their house, and back. Otherwise, I'm lost.

Welcome out of the closet. No need to be a lurker.
Right here in this thread, post a picture of your dish 'n motor.
We'd be happy to see your handi-work. :)

When you are shopping the neighborhood for BUDs, get a picture and post it to:
Adventures in Dish Hunting 2009.
The guys will give you suggestions and encouragement.
Ya can't go wrong, being a SatGuy.

Welcome to the forums.

Glad you've decided to get the Sadoun PowerTech DG380 motor. It is hands down the best out their. Glad to see all these positive reports from users confirming this.

This picture is just a blown up version of my avatar. I took this picture about 8 months ago after finishing the install. You can see the DP34 in the picture but I took it off the next day. It was from when we had DN. I could take a picture of it now but bare trees just don't do anything for the photography side of me. As you might be able to tell from the photo, the neighbor's house to the south is almost in the way of my LOS. Right now I am picking up everything between 72W and 129W perfectly with SQ in the 70's and 80's. I haven't tried beyond those two figures yet.

Attachments

• 871a.jpg
    871a.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 152
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts