just what limit is there for timers?

jeff_k

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
San Diego, CA
I keep hearing that there are limited resources for timers. Just how many timers can you set up per hopper? I imagine this might be a complicated question, if there are many scenarios for the timers.
Just looking for whether I will need to discourage the family from being indiscriminate with them or not.

Seek & Record and New and Reruns are the ones that take up the most events. New Episodes as well.

How far into the future do timers go?
I have the Today Show set up to record 5 days a week, keeping only 1 episode (so it deletes each one as it goes along), into the indefinite future. So it uses up how many days against my 576 limit?

You can see how many events you are taking up by going to your Daily Schedule, make sure skipped events are unhidden (YELLOW button) and right by your preview window you'll see your count.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

I've found something interesting with my event list on my 722. I have never hit the event limit even though almost all of my 30+ timers are Dish Pass timers with dozens of events. When I look at the event list for a certain timer with many events, and scroll to the bottom of the list, it only goes out 3-4 days instead of the full 9 day guide. Not sure why or how it is doing that, but it keeps my event limit from ever being reached.

Are you referring to the box that tells how many saved events to keep on your DVR? That's different.

dare2be said:
I've found something interesting with my event list on my 722. I have never hit the event limit even though almost all of my 30+ timers are Dish Pass timers with dozens of events. When I look at the event list for a certain timer with many events, and scroll to the bottom of the list, it only goes out 3-4 days instead of the full 9 day guide. Not sure why or how it is doing that, but it keeps my event limit from ever being reached.

I know that they modified the number of events for Hopper to help alleviate this issue, looks like they did it for the VIPs as well.

Guess Hopper got the update after the ViPs did then. I dunno because ever since I learned of the limits I have modified my schedules to be nowhere near the limits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)