PC related problems - started when hopper system was installed

jeff_k

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
San Diego, CA
Since the hopper system was installed last week, both my wife’s and my own PCs have had two strange problems. Unfortunately, we installed a new HP network printer at the same time, so that is making it harder to isolate the problem. I completely uninstalled the printer drivers, software, etc. and still had the problems, so I am suspecting something else (perhaps the hopper system?)

Problem one: the Windows 7 notification sound for “device connecting” sounds, and then moments later, the sound for “device disconnecting” sounds. Sometimes it will happen several times within a few minutes, and sometimes it will be still for 15 minutes or so. No new USB connections, etc…

Problem two: my window, for whatever application I am in, will lose focus (if I am typing in something, I suddenly cannot, because the focus has moved out of the application). This is very irritating, since it happens sometimes several times in one minute, driving me to distraction.

Searching online, someone else had the focus problem, and it ended up being related to TiVo notify, server, or transfer functions. That made me suspicious that it might be related to a media server function on the network, and since the hopper can “see” my windows boxes, I am a bit suspicious of it.
Anyone else have something similar to this? Was it related to the hoppers? Both PCs are running Windows 7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)