Just wondering Albuquerque has the best signal coverage in USA?

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
The reason I ask because our great Sandia Crest Mountain at 10'600 above sea level.:biggrin

Is there any other TV markets has greater coveregs than ours?

Yeah I would agree if the tower was 2060 feet like the NBC 11 out of Valley City, ND. Other than that you kinda lost us with that question

The main Albuquerque stations effectively have 4000+ foot towers since they transmit, as previously mentioned, from the top of a 10,600 foot mountain crest that is surrounded by relatively flat terrain.

Reactions: N5XZS
I should have said TV TX towers on Sandia Crest mountain!:rolleyes:

Ota in Albuquerque metro areas is pretty peace of cake and same goes for rural areas 80 to 100+ miles give or take.

My sister and brother-in-law receive channels 7 and 13 from Albuquerque, direct from the Sandia transmitters, up in Las Vegas, NM, about 110 miles away. Most of the channels are on UHF translators up there, but those two they also get direct.

Reactions: Mr Tony and N5XZS
Is there any other TV markets has greater coveregs than ours?

Tucson AZ does pretty well for coverage as well. The city lies around 2300' AMSL, while the towers on Mt. Bigelow sit at about 8000' AMSL. I've picked up the stations in north Scottsdale, about 125 mi. away in the Phoenix metro area, about 1500' AMSL.

Back when I drove from Carlsbad to Santa Fe, I would sometimes carry a small NTSC portable TV with a whip antenna with me for passengers to watch Albuquerque stations from clines corners area (60+ miles east) with rabbit ears.

If you go to TVFool.com and look at the coverage for stations a top Sandia Crest it is very large, there are indications the signal is receivable as far south as Carizozo (113 miles) and beyond.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)