Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We have been without power here for awhile now... they are saying we could get it back by Sunday which would be a week with no power..

When the power comes back on since the receivers have been off for so long will they work ok or will I need to call in and get a rehit on them to get them turned back on again?

Thanks!

The receiver itself really doesn't know how long it's been without power. Ten days would seem the same to it as one hour. There's nothing inside that keeps time while the power is off.

The only difference I would think between 1 hour and 10 days to the receiver would be having to download new guide data.

I think if you go two weeks it **may** need a rehit. I know during the purple card swap out we had a receiver that was without power for about 2 weeks (remodeling that room it was in) so it did require a rehit.

I have had receivers unplugged for a month and they still worked. But, I plugged them in and checked on them later. I do not know if they worked immediately or not. Dish may do the auths on an irregular basis.

Well, I guess what I meant was the difference between refreshing 1 hour's worth of guide data, versus having no guide data at all at initial boot.

We have been without power here for awhile now... they are saying we could get it back by Sunday which would be a week with no power..

When the power comes back on since the receivers have been off for so long will they work ok or will I need to call in and get a rehit on them to get them turned back on again?

Thanks!

It really depends. Some can last a month disconnected without needing a "hit", some receivers will only go a week, it all depends on timing. If they do need to be hit, just get with one of us DIRT members (I thought you would do that over calling of all people ;))

We all hope that everything is OK out there, please take care of yourself

I'm not sure I can remember ever seeing Scott post a thread on here asking a basic question about his equipment. This feels odd.

I'm not sure I can remember ever seeing Scott post a thread on here asking a basic question about his equipment. This feels odd.
see what happens when you take internet away for a week.. :D the glow of the internet starts wearing off.. we start to realize there are things like books! :) and TV's get hollowed out to start fires in, as a form of entertainment..

damned LCD's ... they ruined that for a generation.. :( unless you bust out the screen only taking the outer front shell..

Boy your question brought back memories for me! Back in 2003 Portland OR. had a huge ice storm, we lost power for 5 days. When it was restored my receiver did'nt come back on after several attempts.
I called Dish and they said they did'nt even have an account listed for me!!! Needless to say it was an interesting 48 hrs to get everything cleared up. Dish sent me a brand new receiver via air
and then followed up several days later to make sure everything was all right!

I do Dish Movers all the time that will have their receiver unplugged and not connected to sat for sometimes a week, and almost always have to send a hit through my tablet.

I am really wondering how come Scott does not have is priorities strait and have a generator to power his satellite equipment (and uplink PC)!!! Who needs the heater or refridgerator running, TV is king! :D

I hope they get the power on soon!

l had quite a time getting my 722 back up after a 3 day power outage from the remnants of a tropical storm. The receiver saw no signal. Dish insisted it was a problem with my wiring or my actual dish. The fact that my 211 came back up okay on the same dish and that the rain only touched 15 feet of the cable made no difference to them. A technician was the only solution. I tried over and over to assure them it was neither. Finally in anger and frustration I moved the 211 to the 722 cable and the 211 worked. Connecting the 722 to the 211 cable still did not work. I removed the diplexer from the circuit and connected the feed from the dish straight to the receiver on sat 1 and partial operation came back. I replaced the diplexer and everything now worked. Bottom line was that the 722 tossed it's cookies and once I got a little to work I could get all all to work. Go figure.

I keep saying that the USA ought to go ahead and invest in sinking all the power and phone lines in the ground and when wind storms ,hurricanes, tornadoes, etc,come through cities wouldn't go through such long power outages. Europe sinks all of their power lines in the ground and it looks better and they don't suffer from the power outages like we do. It would be worth the money it cost to do it, in the long run.

Above ground utilities are shameful. They make us look like a 3rd world country. Surprised to hear that Europe is doing better than we in this regard.

Another surprise are the number of satellite dishes even in poor European countries. What's going on over there?

Above ground utilities are shameful. They make us look like a 3rd world country. Surprised to hear that Europe is doing better than we in this regard.

Another surprise are the number of satellite dishes even in poor European countries. What's going on over there?
I'm sorry.. how do you compare even the worst in the USA with power (though I've seen some POTS & DSL portals that just make even this picture tame) ... but power.. to like this third world photo?

electric_wire_3.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)