Justice Network Launching on Forum, Media-General Stations

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Noticed on Rabbitears that Trip has Justice Network "coming soon" to the Forum owned ABC stations
WDAY
WDAZ
KBMY (technically run by Nexstar but still owned by Forum)
KMCY (technically run by Nexstar but still owned by Forum)

Its noted that they will be on the -3 but I right now in all areas the WDAY'Z Xtra channel is there.
So I guess the word of the day is "stay tuned"

(it wont be on in Williston or Dickinson as the ABC is a subchannel on the CBS affiliates there)

Reactions: FaT Air and BM10K
For some reason with some regularity the Justice Network loses the satellite feed, and you get a slate stating that from the network, not the station. They say if it continues they will substitute programming and the substitution is always commercials for John Walsh. Because so many of the reenactments are murky SD does not do them "justice"...

We cant get nexstupid to add anything in Louisiana where their miserable butts own just about half the stations and they subchanneling in North Dakota.....maybe its who is running under the jsa, ssa, or lma.....Well anyway good for North Dakota....watching shows of stuff they never seen in their lives...

Think they (s)could drop their wx channel. It's basically just a 24/7 loop with WDAY Radio for audio. If there IS Weather, they break into 8.1-6.1 anyway.
But, as displayed @ rabbitears, it appears they're gonna drop 'Xtra.
But then, where is the Xtra programming going?
It now replaces 'DAZ WX (8.3) during events.
(BTW, what's on 'DAY Xtra when there's no 'aired event'? (No listing on Titantv))

Actually thought FOX FARGO would have put Kupec in '7th heaven' with a Wx channel of his own. (I thinks he breaks into regular Fox programming way too much as it is. May decrease that likelihood with his own channel)

Last edited:
Think they (s)could drop their wx channel. It's basically just a 24/7 loop with WDAY Radio for audio. If there IS Weather, they break into 8.1-6.1 anyway.
(BTW, what's on 'DAY Xtra when there's no 'aired event'? (No listing on Titantv))

Actually thought FOX FARGO would have put Kupec in '7th heaven' with a Wx channel of his own. (I thinks he breaks into regular Fox programming way too much as it is. May decrease that likelihood with his own channel)

I think that weathernation would be a good fit for KVRR as they already air a weather scroll overnight and it would help their "Weather Authority" branding

Reactions: FaT Air
We cant get nexstupid to add anything in Louisiana where their miserable butts own just about half the stations and they subchanneling in North Dakota.....maybe its who is running under the jsa, ssa, or lma.....Well anyway good for North
Dakota....watching shows of stuff they never seen in their lives...
OK lets back it up there.
Forum OWNS the stations (the ABC stations in ND) so they are the ones who made the decision.
They have an agreement with Reiten (who STILL owns the CBS stations in W North Dakota) to supply sales and to have ABC as subs in Dickinson and Williston as Forum had translators there. The stations in Minot and Bismarck are on their own RF station and Forum owns them....Reiten just helps with sales there

Nexstar has no say honestly. They technically dont own the "KX" statins in Western ND yet and Forum owns the stations that are adding Justice (the 2 subchannel stations wont be getting it)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
I think that weathernation would be a good fit for KVRR as they already air a weather scroll overnight and it would help their "Weather Authority" branding
that weather authority (at least in Duluth on sister station KQDS) I felt was something to keep programming on 24/7 for cable subs. Its a 1 minute loop that seemed to update maybe once an hour

Trip put it there on -3. Now whether or not its going there we dont know (maybe he doesnt know either). Remember when Comet was going to launch and he put it on some Sinclair stations as a -4 only to change it a few weeks later once he had confirmed info?

My reliable source says it will be on .3 but that he wasn't 100% sure. Even if it is going on .3, he didn't know what would happen to the programming on .3 now.

- Trip

I don't know why they went with Justice instead of Me-TV. WKRN said they may add it on 2.2 sometime. They have local weather there now.

That's possible. Supposedly WJDE was planning to put H&I on in place of Me-TV when it went to 2.3. H&I was on WJDE at one time, but was removed due to some sort of contract issue. It is still not on any channel in Nashville.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts