Justice Network Launching on Forum, Media-General Stations

You figure MeTV would rather be on a full power station instead of a low powered. I know in Cincy AntennaTV pulled off a low powered station (I think it was on there like 2 months tops) befroe the contract with Sinclair was signed

Reactions: Blindowl1234
Yeah, as of today, we finally have Antenna TV on a high-powered station here in Nashville, which is very nice. It's moved from low-power WRTN 6.3 to Sinclair's WZTV 17.3. And, as already noted, we just got Justice Network on Media General's WKRN 2.3 (replacing a duplicate feed of Nashville Weather Channel that was running on both 2.2 and 2.3 since early summer when Live Well Network left 2.3). That leaves Me-TV and This TV as the only major diginets we don't have on a high-power station (both are on low-power stations here). Escape is really the only noteworthy diginet we don't have at all but I believe that's coming soon to the new low-power KWUW 40, which recently launched Buzzr on 40.1. Been a pretty good year for OTA here in our market.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Yeah, as of today, we finally have Antenna TV on a high-powered station here in Nashville, which is very nice. It's moved from low-power WRTN 6.3 to Sinclair's WZTV 17.3. And, as already noted, we just got Justice Network on Media General's WKRN 2.3 (replacing a duplicate feed of Nashville Weather Channel that was running on both 2.2 and 2.3 since early summer when Live Well Network left 2.3). That leaves Me-TV and This TV as the only major diginets we don't have on a high-power station (both are on low-power stations here). Escape is really the only noteworthy diginet we don't have at all but I believe that's coming soon to the new low-power KWUW 40, which recently launched Buzzr on 40.1. Been a pretty good year for OTA here in our market.
Funny all that time we were banking on cozi tv and now the livewell replacment is a variety of subchannels.....Yours is Justice, Mine is Get, WATE is tbd....I see an escape coming in my market soon also...

Ice, The problem here in Cincy is the networks want to be on all cable systems and OTA. TWC and Cinti Bell Fioptics are the two big cable guys. I'm not sure WKRP or WOTH were available on all the local cable systems

Reactions: Mr Tony
Ice, The problem here in Cincy is the networks want to be on all cable systems and OTA. TWC and Cinti Bell Fioptics are the two big cable guys. I'm not sure WKRP or WOTH were available on all the local cable systems
last I heard they weren't
But that is true in all markets. The networks want to be on cable. If its a low powered station (as both WKRP and WOTH are) they dont qualify for must carry. If they had a network affiliation then they look at it different.

Reactions: Blindowl1234
Noticed on Rabbitears that Trip has Justice Network "coming soon" to the Forum owned ABC stations
WDAY
WDAZ
KBMY (technically run by Nexstar but still owned by Forum)
KMCY (technically run by Nexstar but still owned by Forum)

Its noted that they will be on the -3 but I right now in all areas the WDAY'Z Xtra channel is there.
So I guess the word of the day is "stay tuned"

(it wont be on in Williston or Dickinson as the ABC is a subchannel on the CBS affiliates there)
looks like its been updated to the -4 of all 4 stations now

Well there goes the neighborhood... Or rather, the second to last radar only channel that covers my neighborhood. We'll have to make do with WLFI's radar on 18.2. I would rather have WISH pick up Decades than Justice, but perhaps CBS burned their bridges when they pulled the affiliation from WISH.

I would rather have WISH pick up Decades than Justice, but perhaps CBS burned their bridges when they pulled the affiliation from WISH.
Weigel is co-owner of Decades and is doing the affiliation agreements so I doubt it was that. More of the owner (Media General)

Reactions: jegrant
Looks like the MeTV is back on WKRN 2.2, as for This TV leave it where it is......it'll be fine...

it says "soon"

we all know how that worked out the 1st time ;)
Ha! That's true, although this time we have an actual date. The WKRN PD is emailing folks that ME-TV will launch on 2.2 on Feb. 1. Given all the uncertainty surrounding station ownership, as well as the pending spectrum auction, I'm pleasantly surprised to see these changes.

Now if WKRN would only move from UHF 27 down to a high VHF frequency after the auction, I'll be a happy camper!

Ha! That's true, although this time we have an actual date. The WKRN PD is emailing folks that ME-TV will launch on 2.2 on Feb. 1. Given all the uncertainty surrounding station ownership, as well as the pending spectrum auction, I'm pleasantly surprised to see these changes.
hope it shows up :)

Now if WKRN would only move from UHF 27 down to a high VHF frequency after the auction, I'll be a happy camper!
Is terrain bad there? Here in Minneapolis UHF is the way to go. VHF stations have issues

hope it shows up :)

Is terrain bad there? Here in Minneapolis UHF is the way to go. VHF stations have issues

We have rolling hills here in Middle TN. But the main problem with UHF stations for me is wind in the trees. And, for whatever reason, WKRN (ABC) is definitely the most temperamental of our full power UHF stations. Often just a little breeze will cause the picture to break-up and sound to drop out. But I have no problems with VHF stations (which I'm using a simple homemade antenna to pick up). In fact, our local PBS affiliate's tower (WNPT) is at the same spot as WKRN's. PBS broadcasts on VHF 8 -- at not even close to maximum power -- and I rarely see even a small imperfection in the picture. But WKRN, despite blasting out at max power from the same spot on UHF 27, is an eternal problem child. (And trust me, I've tried multiple antennas, in the house, in the attic, on the roof, beside the house, with and without amps.)

Right now, our NBC and PBS stations are VHF. Our CBS main signal is UHF but they also have a low power VHF repeater (which I use). The others are all UHF. I'm hoping that that my local ABC, and to a lesser extent Fox, will be encouraged by the financial incentives of the upcoming auction to slide down the scale to VHF.

We have rolling hills here in Middle TN. But the main problem with UHF stations for me is wind in the trees. And, for whatever reason, WKRN (ABC) is definitely the most temperamental of our full power UHF stations. Often just a little breeze will cause the picture to break-up and sound to drop out. But I have no problems with VHF stations (which I'm using a simple homemade antenna to pick up). In fact, our local PBS affiliate's tower (WNPT) is at the same spot as WKRN's. PBS broadcasts on VHF 8 -- at not even close to maximum power -- and I rarely see even a small imperfection in the picture. But WKRN, despite blasting out at max power from the same spot on UHF 27, is an eternal problem child. (And trust me, I've tried multiple antennas, in the house, in the attic, on the roof, beside the house, with and without amps.)
The rolling hills may be why. Here in Minneapolis our FOX & NBC are on VHF but since FOX owns KMSP (Fox9) and WFTC (My29 RF29) they actually have Fox on 2 different RF stations.
RF29
9-1 FOX 9 HD
9-2 MY 29 HD
9-3 Movies!
That station is fed throughout the state on translators

RF9
9-4 Buzzzr
9-9 FOX HD

So yes you can see Fox on 9-1 AND 9-9 if you have access. RF29 is more for folks with indoor antennas

Our CBS main signal is UHF but they also have a low power VHF repeater (which I use).
I remember that cluster where VHF5 was the main and wasnt it RF50 was the translator? Then they made RF25 the "main" and RF5 the "translator" (and shut off 50).[/quote]

Reactions: localclassictvfan
someone in Indy mentioned Justice is on 17-5 but I'm confused by it
WISH TV also added Justice Network to their LP station 17.5

WISH has a LP station (WIIH-CD) which is on RF8 but maps to 17-1. MG owns it and it has weather on 17-1. They also have a fill in translator for WISH on RF17 that maps to 8 (confused yet??)
Hope someone in the Indy area can clarify

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts