JVC 3D projectors

I must say I am really pleased with my chief mount. I can bang around the projector (well do things like change the lamp) and the projector never moves off screen. It is absolutely rigid.

My other projector has this universal mount, it is tightened down as tight as it will go and it seems like the AC kicking on can move it off center.

Which mount do you have and which plate did you get? I have the RPMAU.

S~

Teach,
Here is an updated post from AVS about the mount issue with the JVC RS series.
Hope it helps!!

nightfly85 said:
1/14/11 Update:
Currently the Chief RPA 281 is the best solution for mounting the new RS series. AVS sells them for the going rate. This includes a custom mount designed for the new RS series.

Here's a pic of the mount: mount pic

[*]If you currently own an RPA, the interface you will need is the SLB281.

[*]If you currently own an RPMA, the interface you will need is the SLM281.

[*]If you are looking at buying a complete mount/interface kit, your choices are:

RPA281

or

RPMA281
RPMB281
RPMC281

The RPMs differ in the keys for the locks.

More on the SLB281 need/usage:
Custom Projector Interface Bracket for RPA, RPM and Smart-Lift Series
Compatible with the RPA, RPM and Smart-Lift projector mounts
NOTE: If you need an interface bracket for the RPMA/RPMB/RPMC projector mounts with Q-Lock Security, order the SLM

The kits come with the following bolts:
M5 screws: 12mm long + M5 flat washers but another user reported that for some application a 20mm may be needed or better.

==============
Original Post:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted to know if anyone has found a good ceiling mount for the new JVC RS series of projectors. The basic info copied from a Gary_B post in the main new JVC RS thread is included below.

From Gary's post and the pics below, the older RS 35/25/15 etc. mounts are not compatible unless they are "universal mounts" and even then there is no guarantee.

but @ a max weight tolerance of 33 lbs, well, that would be pushing it for either projector. I typically want 10 lbs or more leeway in a mounts capacity and what I would use to allow for mounting of my anamorphic lens, for instance. Something with a 50 lb capacity is likely the minimum necessary.

Obviously we all will likely have different height requirements but most if not all of the mounts have extension options. Any other finds/ideas?

Also, ideas for mounting an anamorphic lens on the same plain as the PJ would be great. Currently just considering a board that the PJ mount would mount to and then mounting the PJ and lens to that. That would obviously expand the number of mounts that one could use as long as the overall weight could be handled.

Weights:
RS40/X3 - 14.7Kg (32.41 lbs)
RS50/60/X7/X9 - 15.1Kg (33.29 lbs)

Item #1 Qty Chief Manufacturing LCD Inverted Ceiling Projector Mount (RPA184)
Style: RPA-184

Item #2 Qty Chief Manufacturing Ceiling Plate - 1 1/2" NPT Fitting (CMA105)
Size: 4" x 4"

Item #3 Qty Chief Manufacturing XpressShip Speed-Connect Fixed Extension Column (CMS018 "XPRESS SHIP")
Length: 18"

Item #4 Qty Chief Manufacturing XpressShip Speed-Connect Fixed Extension Column (CMS024 "XPRESS SHIP")
Length: 24"

I just use the 18" pipe. I ordered both pipes because I did not know how well it would work around the ceiling fan.

Item #1 Qty Chief Manufacturing LCD Inverted Ceiling Projector Mount (RPA184)
Style: RPA-184

Item #2 Qty Chief Manufacturing Ceiling Plate - 1 1/2" NPT Fitting (CMA105)
Size: 4" x 4"

Item #3 Qty Chief Manufacturing XpressShip Speed-Connect Fixed Extension Column (CMS018 "XPRESS SHIP")
Length: 18"

Item #4 Qty Chief Manufacturing XpressShip Speed-Connect Fixed Extension Column (CMS024 "XPRESS SHIP")
Length: 24"

I just use the 18" pipe. I ordered both pipes because I did not know how well it would work around the ceiling fan.

Just talked to Chief. I need the SLM281 plate for my mount ($139). I'm going to call my distributor and trade it out for the complete RPMA281 (comes with the correct plate).

S~

I must say I am really pleased with my chief mount. I can bang around the projector (well do things like change the lamp) and the projector never moves off screen. It is absolutely rigid.

My other projector has this universal mount, it is tightened down as tight as it will go and it seems like the AC kicking on can move it off center.

I like the mount with a butterfly socket in the center. Above the butterfly is a ball joint for leveling. It isn't ridged but good enough to remain in place. The great thing is a half twist and I can lift it down or up and it then can be locked into place. Does yours have this feature?

I made the black plate big enough for different projectors mounting holes. I now have 3 sets of holes and will soon have 4 sets.

Attachments

• HTceilingmount.jpg
    HTceilingmount.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 230
Up and running. Going to spend the weekend doing some minor tweaking until it's broken in and then calibrate it. So far everything works great. No ESPN3D for a while to test that out.

S~

If you have the money, the Mits is the way to go. You can get some really good deals from sellers. it is able to do things neither the JVC nor Sony can do. Saw one the other day and almost traded in the JVC.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts