K on the way

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
I have just spoken with Tech dept at E* and talked to them about the broken HDMI connection on my 622. I asked when I could trade it out for a 722k? I was told that they are now coming out and I would be able to get one. I am being charged 75 for the upgrade and it is going to have the OTA module thrown in for the trouble I have had due to the connector breaking. So I will see if they know what they are talking about or if a standard 722 shows up. If the standard 722 shows I will call and bitch and get put on the list for the 1st K that comes out. They wanted to send a tech out and guess they think that I will call to have it installed after I get it. Boy they sure don't think the way I do. As soon as it gets here I will call and say I've already put it in. Now they are supposed to send a return box for the equipment so it will come back before I call to have it installed. No wone can confirm when the new LIL HD's are going to be turned on. Really hope that it is very very soon. only being able to get the network stuff OTA stinks.

Now they are supposed to send a return box for the equipment so it will come back before I call to have it installed.

When Dish sends you a replacement receiver they will include a return label and instructions. You will put your 622 in the box the 722k comes in and stick the label on the outside of thew box over the label sending it to you.

Thanks but know that

When Dish sends you a replacement receiver they will include a return label and instructions. You will put your 622 in the box the 722k comes in and stick the label on the outside of thew box over the label sending it to you.

I've been thru a change out before. I had 1 of the dreaded C versions of the 622. In fact E* contacted me to change it out. So when I was told that a tech had to come out I don't need one. Went to the tech dept and they are shipping it out. Then when I get it I will do my own change out.

same thought

I was just told they were not avaliable yet. But, good luck.

That is what I thought as well. I called in to have put on my account that the HDMI broke so I can get a 722k as soon as they are available. I was told by the tech dept that they are just now starting to send some out. If a standard 722 shows I will call and B to high heaven. I will not put it in I won't go thru resetting all my timers twice in a short time. I will then B to get the upgrade fee refunded and if necessary be going to ceo dept for resolution. I'm not gonna be committed for 2 yrs over a standard 722.

Been there done that

I've been here before. I was a Voomer and x-ferred to Dish. Had a 942. At that time I literally had a ph # to the advanced tech dept. Wish I hadn't lost it. I'll be the test rat before I tell my bro to call and sign up for a 722k. It is wanting to leave D*, Yes there are those that feel like there are getting screwed by D* as well. He wants to go HD w/ the new HDTV he has and D wants something like $300 for him to upgrade. You guys are just a bunch of "lilly livered cowards" :D.

With a 722 w/ external HD and a 211 w/ ext HD, I don't need any more tuners. Let us know when you get your receiver and what you get.

Don't need 2 systems

With a 722 w/ external HD and a 211 w/ ext HD, I don't need any more tuners. Let us know when you get your receiver and what you get.

I don't have 2 systems like you do only 1 - 622 w/ a broken HDMI connector & EHDD. I need to be able to record 2 HD OTA's which can't do now. It will be nice when my LIL's are turned on in HD but now it is only SD. They may even be turn on this week but there isn't a guarantee that they will be turned on any time soon.

Screwed I think

Got a box dropped off at my house while I was at work today. It looks to me like the asses sent me a standard 722. There is no notation anywhere on the box that it is a k, that includes the model & S/N tags. I'm gonna call E* and B. I'm not gonna prgm timers 2 times. Also if I accept this box under Dishn it up I can't get another for a year. They have screwed this from the start and I'm getting really PO'D.

What he is saying is that only 192 722k's have been targeted for the beta software listed in his post. Since there is no non-beta software up there that means that there are only 192 of these in service right now so obviously still being tested only.

BS'd

722k's are still in beta and not available yet.

There is not even any non beta software on the birds yet.

So basically you are saying that they were talking out their posterior outlet, when they told me I could get one. Anyway the regular is going back. Just plan & simple I'm not going to reprogram 2 different IRD's in a short time. The only reason I even called in for was to report that the HDMI had broken and that I wanted a 722k when it came time. I will definitely make them give me the new one w/o the module charge or will be talking to D* shortly after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)