KA/KU ODU on Chimney Strap????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

str8poolbanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Johnstown, PA
Can it be done safely and securely and with the following strap system from Perfect10?? If not can I get some suggestions from some senior installers please...

TIA

Mount, EZ S/S Chimney 2-12 ft strap (EZ2824S )

Attachments

• EZ2824S.jpg
    EZ2824S.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 302
dragon002 said:
yes it can, BUT the tech isnt doing that for FREE!!!

and i would double the straps.

hehe...I am the tech....but Ive never done a chimney strap....what is avg price to charge a cx for this type of work?

is the idiot buying the straps?? how tall is the ladder? i charge 60 for straps. also tell the idiot , if he needs a service call in the winter... he aint getting one until the snow melts!

tell him the dish goes on the side wall of the house.

lol....his current phase 3 dish is mounted to the chimney using lag bolts...and thats how he wanted this one but i knew the weight of it just wouldnt hold....i cant get him on a pole mount either due to trees....another reason i cant hit the side of the house....and he dont want it lagged to the roof either.....i charged him 75 and i bought the strap

I would trust the lag bolts more than I would trust the straps. If it is lag bolts it is probably a wood chimney surround, that will dry out and shrink with different weather conditions your Ka may not hold.

Status
Please reply by conversation.