Ka ku question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is what I meant, I thought that was the case.

However are all 5 needed to get core and HD programing.

The reason I ask is this, I moved a slimline A9 for a person along with a 72.5 as thats the market we are in for locals a WB 6x8 switch was used.

The last time I installed a slimline I used a Bird dog, this time I used a Super buddy, I got the 101, 119, 110...but could not get a reading on the 99 or 103.

I used the Directv "dither procedure" to bullseye the 101, and the customer gets all the HD channels plus core programming.

I guess im a bit stumped as to why the 99 and 103 didnt show a signal on the Super Buddy.

MOnkey

I think it depends on your set up. According to my installer with the combination of my receivers HR22-100 and R22-100 and Slim Line there is no longer a need for all 5 satellites. Of course he could be wrong.

However are all 5 needed to get core and HD programing.

NO longer true - ALL HD is now on 99/103.
Unless you are in a 119 locals market &/or need spanish, Chinese or other international prog, there is no need for 110/119 - hence why they now are using slimline 3 lnb's in most markets.

The last time I installed a slimline I used a Bird dog, this time I used a Super buddy, I got the 101, 119, 110...but could not get a reading on the 99 or 103.

The sb probably can't read the Ka freqs... ;) ;)

I used the Directv "dither procedure" to bullseye the 101, and the customer gets all the HD channels plus core programming.

I guess im a bit stumped as to why the 99 and 103 didnt show a signal on the Super Buddy.

see previous post - as long as you are properly using the dither procedure on Ku, & you are getting good signals, it doesn't matter anyway. THAT'S why D* tells you to dither on Ku - so you don't need a "special" meter for Ka... ;) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.