KaKu Signal help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
T

tonie

Jan 13, 2009
dallas, tx
I was helping a friend installing his KaKu dish and we were experiencing signal problem. We get the signal but it goes out every five seconds or so. You guys think it could be the LNB that causes the problem? Thanks

S

Spize

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2006
HD or SD signal... or both?

BTW if it is both there are a LOT of things that can cause this.

T

tonie

Jan 13, 2009
dallas, tx
Hmm... How do we know if it's both or just HD because we are using the H23 receiver. Thanks

jdspencer

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
Check the signal strengths on all satellites. The Ka sats are 99 and 103, the Ku are from 101, 110, and 119.

T

tonie

Jan 13, 2009
dallas, tx
I went to Menu and Signal Strength and it has "Satellite Transponders (32 total at 101) Satellite: 101. This is my DirecTV and I suppose my friend should get the same but we're having problem.

Zynergi

Zynergi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 20, 2007
NC
sounds like a loose connector or poorly fitted one somewhere, if it comes and goes and comes in at a good level. And are you sure LOS is no problem?

jdspencer

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
I went to Menu and Signal Strength and it has "Satellite Transponders (32 total at 101) Satellite: 101. This is my DirecTV and I suppose my friend should get the same but we're having problem.
Select the 99 and 103 sats in that menu and check the strengths there.

T

tonie

Jan 13, 2009
dallas, tx
I just to update. We got it to work by relocating the dish. I think it was hitting the tree trunk last time but the LNB was above the tree when we checked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.