KASA-DT ch. 15.1 rf ch. 27 sending bad video frames rates

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I noted that KASA-DT was sending bad video frames rates on ch 15.1 rf ch. 27 which carry METV 480i WS.

Showing video frames rates distortions show movement zigzagging back and forth.

At the same time on other 2 duplicates METV channels one SD and HD KUPL-LD ch 15.4 rf ch. 15, 480i WS and KRTN-CA ch. 39 rf. 18, 720p WS showing video frame rate just fine.

What's bother me the most, is the wasteful duplicates bandwidth coming from the same TX location on Sandia Crest Mountain antenna farm the best in the country for transmitting state wide. :oops:

Hey, It's New Mexico what do you expect? ;)

I do notice that a lot of the diginet services here in Albuquerque are pretty bad. I don't feel like there is any optimization of BW going on.

Minor correction on the stations call letter KTEL-CD on rf ch. 15.

Also want to add H&I on ch. 15.4 for video frames rates problems 480i WS.

H&I also on KASA-DT ch. 29.1 rf ch 27 the video looks fine in 480i WS.

KUPT-LD also carry H&I on ch. 16.3 rf ch. 32 the video looks fine as well too 480i WS.

Again very wasteful bandwidth duplication coming from the same location on Sandia Crest Mountain antenna farm. :facepalm

Same type of thing going on here in Lubbock. DABL is on 11.6 (RF 11) and on 32.3. Bounce on 28.3 and 29.5. MyTVNetwork on 22.2 and 14.1. CourtTvM on 14.3 and 11.4.

Reactions: N5XZS
It's been my experience that many stations do NOT monitor their own signal. They wait for somebody to contact them, to let them know there's a problem. I've looked up the local stations engineers on Google, and emailed them at times for problems. They've then fixed them, and emailed me back to let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)