Kathrein Receviers from Germany

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rick in MD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
Has anyone used these receivers in the US, they appear to be HD, offering HDMI and component outs? Anyone know cost? I have someone in Germany that could easily bring it with them the next trip they make here. I am looking at the UFS 910 models.

http://www.kathrein.de/en/sat/index.htm

I'd bet they are like the Pace and Humax boxes over there, will not do NTSC SD modes, only PAL. While I think those should work for our FTA HD content, kind of hard to justify a box than can only tune a very few channels. Likely could all be fixed in firmware, but there seems to be no interest in doing so.

Yes they use different video framrates.....

U.S. use 1080i at 30 FPs, 60 Hz, 720p 60 FPs 60Hz

E.U. use 1080i at 25 FPs, 50 Hz, 720p 50 FPs, 50 Hz

We do have better frame rates than E.U. thanks to less flickers on the screens.:)

bummer, it looked like a possible option for HD from a set top box vs. a PCI card. Not that doesn't work, just was looking for a cleaner solution. Going back to a review I read in the 03/04 2006 Tele Satellite Magazine, they did a review of the UFS 821, and they state on that review that it supported NTSC.. Perhaps I will have to do a little more research on this bad boy and see what I come up with.

A little pricey, but the UFS 821 comes with a 160GB Hard drive. Not a large DVR Capacity, but it has one none the less. However, that one is not an HD model

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)