Katie Couric Leaving CBS Anchor Post

I noticed for the last month Merideth Viera has been absent most of the days from The Today Show.

Maybe she will come back there.

Well I lost a bet with a friend . When a woman starting hosting the Evening News I bet him $100 dollars that the show would start late. I was wrong. (Just kidding folks)

I'd say she realized what a huge mistake she made within a month of leaving the today show. I personally hope today doesn't bring her back.

I liked her on Today. I'm not a fan of Meredith, but she has grown on me some. I just don't think that she can interview worth a hoot.

What KC is things is "I got fired". The whole leaving spin is just spin. Her contract was up and she was sent packing.

Really, the 22 minute commentary on the news at 6:30 (check local listings) is an anacronism of the three channel world. The remaining viewer demographic in an element that all three networks barely made money on in their monopolist heydays, skews so old that its the territory of denture cream and s****ie pills. The smart move, and CBS had the perfect situaton to do it in 04, is to shut it down and leave it to cable.

What KC is things is "I got fired". The whole leaving spin is just spin. Her contract was up and she was sent packing.

Really, the 22 minute commentary on the news at 6:30 (check local listings) is an anacronism of the three channel world. The remaining viewer demographic in an element that all three networks barely made money on in their monopolist heydays, skews so old that its the territory of denture cream and s****ie pills. The smart move, and CBS had the perfect situaton to do it in 04, is to shut it down and leave it to cable.
In Orlando they moved her back and forth a few times from 6:30 to 7pm. Nothing helped.

Being reported now that Matt Lauer is leaving the today show at the end of his contract. The days of being paid big money to host shows like this are going away. Many are turning to the local news coverage in the morning. And the same with the Evening News. I predict in 10 years it will be gone.

Wow, Matt leaving will hurt them a lot! He is a staple for many (including myself). When is his contract over (or where did you see this and I'll go see for myself)?

Ok what I'm about to say may be considered a very controversial opinion.

First of all, I think what ultimately doomed Katie was a combination of pre-set expectations stemming from her morning days, along with her own carryover demeanour. If you remember her earliest broadcasts, it's pretty clear that she's trying to change the face of network news - and it didn't work. I'd have to say that she went overboard on the levity, and by the time she's improved (and it has) people weren't paying attention.

And with that note, I do think she's improved and has become quite the network news lady. For me, it's easy to see her an actual, proper news anchor and not a carryover from the morning shows. In fact, I think she's MILES above Diane Sawyer, who I had a lot of respect for before but cannot stand on ABC Nightly now. I don't know who to blame - Diane herself, the behind-the-scenes guys handling her news stories, or her supporting on-camera staff, but ABC Nightly has become awful, virtually intolerable for me. I'm probably the only one who thinks this though, but it's what drove me back to watch Katie :p

Someone should take national news to 45 minutes. Theres certinally enough going on it wouldnt be boring.....

Yep Katie has improved a lot, I actually like her, but record others and skip thru them too sometimes

wonder who will replace katie? will bob schieffer fill in again?

I would argue if anything the network news is overly long and filler-iffic as it is, if not completely redundant.

yeah the world is boring currently just 3 wars, the mid east ready to boil over, the start of a new presenditial marathon, a japan sunami and nuke plant disaster.

Its hard to fill 30 minutes let alone 45:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts