Katie Couric Leaving CBS Anchor Post

The Evening News is like the printed newspaper . I don't know anyone under 30 that watches the news or reads the newspaper. And the networks know that as well.

Katie couldn't even keep the audience that CBS had . I told her to wear a bikini . But no, She wouldn't listen to me. But to be fair she might not have received any of my emails.

No, you are wrong.

When it is April, and your contract runs out in June and they don't offer you another contract that means you are fired. She was fired. That simple.

She will now go off with Jeff Zucker, the man who drove NBC primetime into the ground and botched the Leno - O'Brien deal twice and start some afternoon cryfest show. Good luck to her. She will need it. Everything Zucker does turns to ****.

The Islamic conspiracy theorist aside, I don't understand all the hate for Katie Couric.

Sounds like a lot of men who hate women newscasters. I personally like Diane Sawyer as my favorite new anchor.

Nope. Some women I like and some I don't. Never liked her even on the Today show.

The Islamic conspiracy theorist aside, I don't understand all the hate for Katie Couric.

Hate is not the right word. Disdain, I think is beter, at least for me. This has nothing to do with politics. IMHO, the news media skews left, and always has. Not the issue. Whatever their politics, the people (and yes, most were men) in TV news in the golden age were bright people. People who thought about politics, economics, and other issues, all the time. Perhaps even a little nerdy, if you will.

Couric reads cue cards well. If you gave her a current events quiz, she would flunk it. If you gave her a 10th grade test on civics or geography, she would flunk that. If they wrote on the cue cards news out of the Onion, she would read it with the same inflection as she does the material written for her today. She has no particlar interest in what is going on in Washington or Wall Street, and no particular knowledge of it over any other Hollywood star.

Couric reads cue cards well. If you gave her a current events quiz, she would flunk it. If you gave her a 10th grade test on civics or geography, she would flunk that. If they wrote on the cue cards news out of the Onion, she would read it with the same inflection as she does the material written for her today. She has no particlar interest in what is going on in Washington or Wall Street, and no particular knowledge of it over any other Hollywood star.

Interesting to see you live inside Katy Couric's head.

I was wondering where your crazy rhetoric comes from.

Remember that many of the local CBS affiliates didn't like her ratings either. They moved her around Orlando . She went to 7pm then back to 6:30 again . They let people go at CBS News a while back while she continued to receive a fat paycheck for what? Letting the ratings go down even more?

She should have stayed at the Today Show. It was a better fit. It's like what my father told me once, "Some people fly the airplane, some people work on the plane." In the case of Couric she will now be a passenger on the plane.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)