KBS World Channel 1993 Problem

MikeXF

Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Indiana,Indianapolis
I have a question, I'm normally watching on KBS, but today it was removed from Dish, can anyone explain why? or if there's a solution to this.

AND ITS KBS CHANNEL 9394

Last edited:
I watched KBS sometimes when it was on the EA, and then from 118. Very little english but some interesting programming.

Now if TVJapan goes away me and DISH will have a problem...... :)

dish dropped another channel? what else is new. this is constantly dropping channels is getting old
What other channels are you referring to? Dispute channels or just no longer carrying them?

Last edited:
This is pretty lame. I have an upgrade scheduled for tomorrow that will have me stuck in a new contract and this was my wife's favorite channel.

Damn, Dish. Don't play me like this!

ARGH! I guess I have to make a decision tonight. Switch to Direct to keep one channel without knowing what Dish might replace this with (if anything)...or go ahead with the upgrade and be stuck.

You're harshing my Wednesday, Dish.

KBSW was free on Dish. The question then is, will it remain free on Directv or will they add that to their Korean package which is either 26.99 or 31.99.

KBSW was free on Dish. The question then is, will it remain free on Directv or will they add that to their Korean package which is either 26.99 or 31.99.

Hadn't thought of that. ARRRRRGH! It was such a nice perk to have a channel that was so different from everything else on the dial. And KPOP is pretty huge among younger people now. There is even a new dedicated KPOP channel on XM radio.

I submitted a channel request with Becki of DIRT for something similar (basically an Asian variety channel).

And I was able to squeeze one last $5/month credit out of a CSR before signing a new contract tomorrow. Probably the last credit I'll see for the next two years...added literally within hours of singing up again! So that's something.

I hope others will use the easy "contact us" window on the kbs website to complain. I can't imagine they don't know how many are committed to dish with new hoppers in so many homes. So much for "good will".

Shame on Dish for putting off the plug and KBS trying to gain profit adding onto Direct TV Korean pay package without letting Dish viewers know a day, a week or anytime beforehand. The station will be included in the Korean package, Direct TV this Saturday. If you live in SF, LA and get OTA station, this station will probably be gone soon since KBS wants money right now, nothing for free.

KBS was awesome. Tonight we would have been watching Immortal Song, a singing competition that makes The Voice look like The Gong Show.

Shame on Dish for putting off the plug and KBS trying to gain profit adding onto Direct TV Korean pay package without letting Dish viewers know a day, a week or anytime beforehand. The station will be included in the Korean package, Direct TV this Saturday. If you live in SF, LA and get OTA station, this station will probably be gone soon since KBS wants money right now, nothing for free.

Huh? You said it in your own post. KBS wants money now, Direct TV is willing, Dish is not. How is Dish gaining profit. Had they kept the channel and paid for it they would lose profit, or passed on the cost to everyone since it was FREE. In your first post of your two you even pointed out the package price for Direct TV would go up because they added KBS.

Last edited:
LA will be avaliable forever since Korean population is very high with all other stations buying timeslot to air select programming. SF, gone soon.

Dish may create its own "Korea Pack" and add KBS to it, it won't be free though.
Dish already has the Korean Tiger Pack:
ARIRANG TV), BTN (Buddist), GOLF CHANNEL (GOLF), JSTV (Christian), ONE WORLD SPORTS (ASIAN SPORTS, not just Korean).

Other than Arirang, that's a pretty crummy line-up compared to DirecTV; especially now that they have added KBS. Already Koreans that have Dish are jumping ship and going to DirecTV...a real coup for DirecTV. As a matter of fact, DirecTV is advertising on their Korean Package, a $100 credit for referring new subscribers. It's written in Korean. We already got a call from one Korean inquiring about DirecTV Korean programming who is going to use us as a referral due to their loss of KBS on Dish. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts