ked

ked

Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Anyone know why the transponers say spotbeam after I set them. I can get 62% on 129 with a certain transponder then I notice the hd is not as sharp. I check the settings and the transponer has moved to another number and I only have 43%.When I reset the transponer to a different number and get the 62% again it say's spotbeam. Maybe this is normal any thoughts?

If you are talking about the point dish screen on your receiver, you are not really setting it to use that transponder on that satellite. for many subscribers they use a set of 3 satellites for all of their programming. each sat has a number of transponders broadcasting multiple channels from each. sometimes when you tune into a channel it will be on sat x transponder y(x and y will have different numbers, x being the orbital location of the sat, and y being the transponder/spotbeam that the channel is assigned to).

a spotbeam is a beam that only a certain region of the country can receive. it is only broadcast to that region.

welcome to satelliteguys.us by the way, there is a ton of info on here that can help you find your way around dishnetwork. also check out the list, it has all the channels listed by which satellite they are on and what transponder/spotbeam they are broadcast from.

DishLatino - SYFY - Eastern Arc

Vip222k HDMI install question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)