Vip222k HDMI install question

stevegd007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
San Deigo, Southern Calif.
My 222 worked just fine with component cables, 5 connections (R,G,Y and 2 for sound). Anyway I replaced all these cables with just 1 HDMI, much cleaner look. Now the receiver fails to turn on. TV has to be on first, then I have to reset the receiver every time for the picture to come back to the TV. Takes a lot of time to do the reset thing and has to be done every time in order to use the 222. I have done a total power off with pulling the power plug. Done a reset (red button) from the front panel. Done a power off from the front panel. The receiver still fails to start with the remote power on button is pushed. Dish CSR was clueless and not helpful at all, finally said I my have to do the reset a bunch of times before the receiver will work. Huh? I do have the latest software version for the 222. I have searched this forum for help...not much on the 222 with HDMI and power start failure.

Any ideas folks?

I am thinking my 222 receiver is not going to work with HDMI or it needs to be replaced with another 222 unit.

ked

Latino MAX HD channel switches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)