keep getting broken discs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
i have gotten quite a few broken discs and the one i got today is broken. i reported the problem and it said due to the number of reports on my account they will not be sending me another disc. like i told blockbuster i don't want to sound mean but i do want to get what i pay for. i've only gotten 2 movies this month in the mail.

i have gotten quite a few broken discs and the one i got today is broken. i reported the problem and it said due to the number of reports on my account they will not be sending me another disc. like i told blockbuster i don't want to sound mean but i do want to get what i pay for. i've only gotten 2 movies this month in the mail.
Forget to give your mailman a little something at Christmas?? ;):)

So far i have received 2 myself a problem I did not have when I had Netflix.

I am seriously considering signing up for Netflix again.

I had the Platinum anyway, So far, I get two first run movies per week for free. That is better than HBO. Of course I get one in the mail and turn it in to the store down the street from my house and pick up the 2nd dvd from them. But it is still two free movies per week. And who knows, I may get three in some weeks, if I am lucky. Ain't had a broke one yet.
By the way, how do you break a disc. Have you ever tried?

I had the Platinum anyway, So far, I get two first run movies per week for free. That is better than HBO. Of course I get one in the mail and turn it in to the store down the street from my house and pick up the 2nd dvd from them. But it is still two free movies per week. And who knows, I may get three in some weeks, if I am lucky. Ain't had a broke one yet.
By the way, how do you break a disc. Have you ever tried?
i don't know.they come either cracked or broken so bad that they are only halfway attached

I haven't received a broken disc as of yet. I believe the first Blu-Ray I got was scratched and made watching the disc difficult. Every other disc (movie or game) has been fine.

gpollock87's situation bites, getting broken discs isn't particularly useful. In BB's defense, it probably seems a bit peculiar that you seem to be receiving so many. If there was a problem with distribution, others in your area should be having the same problem. Otherwise, they view your lack of luck as willful destruction of their property, which raises the Suck-o-meter to a full blown Hoover.

I haven't received a broken disc as of yet. I believe the first Blu-Ray I got was scratched and made watching the disc difficult. Every other disc (movie or game) has been fine.

gpollock87's situation bites, getting broken discs isn't particularly useful. In BB's defense, it probably seems a bit peculiar that you seem to be receiving so many. If there was a problem with distribution, others in your area should be having the same problem. Otherwise, they view your lack of luck as willful destruction of their property, which raises the Suck-o-meter to a full blown Hoover.
and on top of it all they won't email me back

They really need to upgrade the mailer they use. I haven't received a broken one yet but I've received a number of them where the mailer is all torn up and it's lucky the disc wasn't lost or broken. Never had this with Netflix.

Ed

I get three discs a week on average for the last three months and haven't had a broken one yet, tho some of the packaging the disc come in have been all torn up, but I can't blame Dish for that. Can only blame the POS postal system.

I'm only getting one a week on average. Over the weekend the disc I had was scratched and wouldn't play properly (I opted to rent the movie from Redbox instead). I attempted to report damage on blockbuster.com but the option to report was never active on the website. I mailed it back and attempted to report online, hoping that the next two in queue would be mailed to me. Since my report came after the disc was returned, they have so far refused to send the second disc to me.

I once had Blockbuster online and here is my experience within a month before I went to Netflix. Never had broken disc, but even worse service.

The new release movies (Tuesday New Release), it is AVAILABLE for 2-3 days, they send me the movies listed as AVAILABLE on the bottom list instead. I move the NEW RELEASE movies to the top to ensure I will get it. 4 weeks later, I still do not get the New movies. I end up going to the machine inside the supermarket.

When I started, they give me all the SHORT WAIT movies even when it say SHORT WAIT. Then, they give me movies down the bottom list or not sending me anything until 2 days later. Even when I do not have AVAILABLE titles, I still get the SHORT WAIT titles. Later on, no movies at all.

I switch to Netflix immediately with faster service and the good streaming.

I am returning my second (out of like a dozen) cracked/broken disc to them today. Not a real good average. Mailers could be more substantial.

I've been trying to get the same titled DVD in the mail now and have received it CRACKED 6 times in a row! I've given up on the title. It's definitely 6 different discs, because they've asked me to hold on to the broken ones. It's kinda funny to have six of the same disc...each with a crack...useless. In the past I've received about 6 titles all in good condition, then one cracked one, then about 4 good ones. Suddenly, I'm getting 6 cracked discs in a row. I hope the next different title isn't damaged. If it is, I'll be kissing BB goodbye. I concurrently have a Netflix acct, and have NEVER had a single damaged DVD in 6 years.

I have received two broken discs. When I reported the last disc, I got the message my account has been flagged for reporting too many problems. I hope Dish didn't pay money for BB, a good trade would be maybe a cow and a couple chickens.

Well, I received another disc that doesn't work from BB. I logged on to their website to report the problem and the function still doesn't work, two months after my initial issue. I sent an email to customer service, expecting it to act as the official report and hoping to have the next disc in my queue sent to me. In my past correspondence they haven't taken responsibility for their website not functioning correctly, so my expectations are probably lofty for them to handle their end of things. Fingers crossed.

I had a similar situation. I simply mailed back the defective disc and reordered a new one of the same. That's what they told me to do and it worked just fine. BTW, When I reported the first disk, they just sent out a new one. It was the second go 'round that they said too many problems and this was the way to get back in order. Not a problem since....

I logged in to the Dish Network version of BBAH and the Report Problem button worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts