Keep in mind Dish will turn your service off for non pay!!

This is off the bBb webpage, first complaint.

“When we spoke, I offered you the alternative option of subscribing to our Locals Only package for $30.27 a month. This way you can satisfy your 24-month commitment and avoid the early termination fee altogether.”

This is off the bBb webpage, first complaint.

“When we spoke, I offered you the alternative option of subscribing to our Locals Only package for $30.27 a month. This way you can satisfy your 24-month commitment and avoid the early termination fee altogether.”
That is interesting. Thanks for that. Here is the link, for anyone else who is interested:

I have to wonder if there are any restrictions on the Locals Only package (similar to the restrictions on Welcome Pack) such as not being allowed to add Latino Bonus Pack, or most of the Flex Pack add-on Channel Packs.

I also wonder if switching to Locals Only would fix the DVR functionality issues I have been having with my Wally. Every time I activate the Wally, I lose the DVR functionality. (DVR functions work just fine when it is deactivated, but then I only have access to the OTA channels through the dual-tuner adapter.) I think it is because my account does not have a qualifying basic package. For more details on my issue, see my thread here:

Fixing this issue would be the only thing that would make it worth it for me to "upgrade" to this Locals Only package. Like I said, my monthly rate (without Latino Bonus Pack) is already lower than the $30.27 per month quoted in that BBB complaint response. Of course, If Latino Bonus Pack is not allowed with this Locals Only package, then I would lose access to Disney XD when the free preview ends. So, that would be a non-starter for me.

That is interesting. Thanks for that. Here is the link, for anyone else who is interested:

I have to wonder if there are any restrictions on the Locals Only package (similar to the restrictions on Welcome Pack) such as not being allowed to add Latino Bonus Pack, or most of the Flex Pack add-on Channel Packs.

I also wonder if switching to Locals Only would fix the DVR functionality issues I have been having with my Wally. Every time I activate the Wally, I lose the DVR functionality. (DVR functions work just fine when it is deactivated, but then I only have access to the OTA channels through the dual-tuner adapter.) I think it is because my account does not have a qualifying basic package. For more details on my issue, see my thread here:

Fixing this issue would be the only thing that would make it worth it for me to "upgrade" to this Locals Only package. Like I said, my monthly rate (without Latino Bonus Pack) is already lower than the $30.27 per month quoted in that BBB complaint response. Of course, If Latino Bonus Pack is not allowed with this Locals Only package, then I would lose access to Disney XD when the free preview ends. So, that would be a non-starter for me.
I’m assuming that add ons are probably not gonna be allowed just because this is a package to assist people that cannot pay. Every reference I’ve seen to it has been on the BBB site, so it may not be available to every agent to offer. Might be an OOP only offer or Loyalty only offer.
If it is as stated, this could be a great way to assist people maintaining their service and staying connected with the news, and also taking advantage of the feee previews. I just can’t understand someone with AT200 saying the company will not help, while that same person who is now out of work is refusing to lower their package to a more affordable package. One day, some folks may learn the difference between a luxury and a utility. Satellite tv falls under the former.

Reactions: joegr and pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)