Keep in mind Dish will turn your service off for non pay!!

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Noticed tv today was missing lots of channels. Checked my account and it was disconnected. Somehow I had a past due balance of $15.99...Paid the $15.99 service was restored immediately with not restoration fee.

Noticed tv today was missing lots of channels. Checked my account and it was disconnected. Somehow I had a past due balance of $15.99...Paid the $15.99 service was restored immediately with not restoration fee.
Do you get paper bills or bills via email? Did you get some notification of a past due account?

Yup. Your water, electric and gas will get cut off if you don't pay too. The bank will have your car repossessed if you make your payments as well. I thought everyone knew. :imconfused

The bank will have your car repossessed if you make your payments as well. I thought everyone knew. :imconfused

Not necessarily, from Wells Fargo:

To help you during these challenging and unprecedented times, we are offering special automatic accommodations — you do not need to call to request them:
  • Suspension of residential property foreclosure sales and evictions.
  • Suspension of involuntary automobile repossessions.
Mortgage customers: If you’re unable to make your payment due to COVID-19 related hardships, we’re offering a 90-day payment suspension.,,,,,,,,,
In addition, if you are experiencing an urgent financial hardship as a result of COVID-19, we may be able to offer additional accommodations including payment deferrals and other expanded assistance for customers with credit card, automobile loans, small business, and personal loans.​

Do you get paper bills or bills via email? Did you get some notification of a past due account?

I don’t remember seeing one. I always thought dish would call if you had a past due. Not sure how it got past due $15 because I usually pay my balance rather than the amount due on the bill. Been so busy with things and watching the news about the virus. We did get a notice saying our internet/phone/power co all are suspending disconnections. So when my dish was disconnected I was surprised over such a small amount since they are big on giving free channels and sling service during COVID19

Reactions: pattykay
Is this a pay in Advance account, because post pay will roll over. $15.99 doesn’t make sense, but a PIA account does.

when it was disconnected none of the FP channels worked.
I have RV account that's currently suspended but I still get the FP on dishanywhere..
This is why I keep a deactivated 512 and a deactivated ViP211k hooked up to the satellites. Both of these receivers still have the old G3 purple Smart Card, and they still work for free preview channels.

Not necessarily, from Wells Fargo:
There was something similar listed in the uplink report awhile back. Dish uplinked a message that can be displayed on the receiver, if Dish triggers it:

New LName/Text
19810 TXT10 Text: 1E000 Due to the impact of coronavirus, we are preventing service interruptions due to non-pay on this account.

(This was uplinked on March 19.)

Reactions: TheKrell
Why is it people say “it is obvious they are not helping anybody” when that one person does not get they help they WANT on a luxury service, and a ton of evidence of them actually helping people. How many people that “are not getting assistance” have asked to lower their packages to that locals only package for $30

Reactions: joegr and satjay
Why is it people say “it is obvious they are not helping anybody” when that one person does not get they help they WANT on a luxury service, and a ton of evidence of them actually helping people. How many people that “are not getting assistance” have asked to lower their packages to that locals only package for $30
A $30 locals only package? From Dish? That is news to me. To get the $29.99 price for Welcome Pack, you would have to have already been grandfathered into the lower rate a couple of years ago. Anyone asking to lower their package to that now would pay at least $34.99 per month. The closest I can get to a $30 package price is with my combination of International Basic + Portuguese: RTPI. That made my monthly bill around $26.75 per month before I added Latino Bonus Pack. Keep in mind, this is my price without locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts