GEOSATpro Keeping ALL Satellites "activated" ?

tekjunkie02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
n.fla
I have been running my MicroHD for a while now leaving the satellites "activated" after I finish scanning or viewing channels on them.
It's been working very well, no problems.

So, my question is;
Is there any reason why I cannot "activate" every Sat in the list, and leave them all activated?

I assume, if I ever wanted to do a multiple Sat search, then I would need to de-activate the ones that I did not want to be part of the search.
But, just curious if there is any problem(s) it could cause.

Thanks,

I have them all activated, Shouldn't be a problem. But like you said , all activated sats are scanned during a multi sat scan

Why bother having sats you aren't ever capable of getting for some reason activated in the list? Such as South American sats that have NO beam into the US (or where you are located) Or, a tree in the way, etc.

It could make sense if you ever had any chance at all of getting them, otherwise not. It only takes a few seconds to activate any new sat you would want to try to get, so it's not like it's any big deal.

Never thought of it that way. I don't have sats in my list I can't see. But I have 1500 channels in 30 sat locations and have 120 channels as favorites in 20 locations. I guess it might be easier for my wife if I deactivated those 10 non-favorite sats. She wouldn't have to scroll through them all then.

Why bother having sats you aren't ever capable of getting for some reason activated in the list? Such as South American sats that have NO beam into the US (or where you are located) Or, a tree in the way, etc.

It could make sense if you ever had any chance at all of getting them, otherwise not. It only takes a few seconds to activate any new sat you would want to try to get, so it's not like it's any big deal.

In that case, why not remove them completely?

It's no big deal, but the only trouble I've had with this receiver, seemed to be related to having channels that i scanned in, and then de-activating that sat, and I had problems with 2 different receivers.
But, since I've started leaving every sat activated, I've had no problems at all! And, it seems more responsive to the remote and just "feels" smoother to use.
May be just coincidental, I can't explain it, but I just wanted to make sure that it didn't matter if I left them all activated.
thanks,

I'm KU only and have all the KU sats I can get + I take a couple of the C-Band ones and use them for scanning feeds on weekends (its easier to remove channels that way after a weekend of blind scanning for feeds) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts