Keeping DVR Service on Wally

scsttrooper

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Greetings,
Before I call Dish support I thought I would pose the question here.

I have a wally that I keep on my camper. I have paid the fee for it to act as a DVR. I will not be using it for a while and am thinking of having it turned off to save the $7/mo that I am paying for it while it is not in use. My question is this... If I turn off the receiver and then turn in on again in a month or so will the DVR status still be enabled upon reactivation or will dish try to get more money out of me to reactivate the DVR function?

Does anyone know the answer / have personal experience?

I think as long as you keep an active account, your Wally should behave as always. That has been my experience with my 211K's. When I deactivate then reactivate, my DVR service works as always. I have never paid an additional fee.

Reactions: Tampa8 and pattykay
I agree with the above. I also use a ViP211k. The only hiccup I ran into was when I temporarily activated a ViP612 on the same account. When I deactivated the ViP612, the DVR functionality on my ViP211k somehow got disabled at the same time. All it took to restore DVR functionality was a quick call to tech support. They saw that I had already paid the fee, so they turned the DVR functionality back on, and I have not lost it again since then. The same thing should apply to a Wally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)