Keeping my fingers crossed...

astrossuperfan

Baseball Junkie
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 30, 2004
H-town, Tejas
I called Voom a couple of weeks ago and got an install date for friday, 4/9. I called Installs, Inc. today to get the local installer's number like the wonderful guide on this site instructed. They did confirm the appointment but wouldn't give me a local installer #. So now I won't really know until Friday whether my equipment is there, what antenna, etc.

I hope this all works out... I don't want to have to come back with a "installer screwed up everything, voom sucks" post.

I read the install guide mentioned above, but can anyone link me to an official document either from voom or installers inc that spells out what the installer is supposed to do? Just in case I get some guy that wants to use a diplex I'll have something to show him.

Thanks

If I were you I would call voom and get them to have the local installer call you and talk this over with them.as for an official document "I do not think there is one"I think this works on an individial basses and what you would like done.If you have any doughts then call install inc. and ask for "CHAD".He really knows how to get things straight around there.well I hope this has helped!!DIGITAL~DAN

They sent me a email address for my installer and I told him in advance everything about the house etc before he got here. The install took 30 minutes. He did exactly as I instructed him too.

As you know mine's tomorrow (4/7). I've just called the 888-987-3474 every couple days to confirm we're on. They're still saying everything is a go.

YES call voom and ask. When I had my install I called until the installer called me back and it really made things easier for him knowing what he was up against and had to do.My install took less than 45 minutes............just my two cents worth though............DIGITAL~DAN

INSTALL IS DONE! Fantastic picture, fantastic sound, fantastic everything!

The only problem I had was no HBO like I wanted, and a quick call to Voom fixed that.

However, I don't know how someone could get this installed without the help of this forum. I had incorrect OTA mapping (0-4, 0-8, etc.) and I checked the forum and found that I needed to do a factory reset. Done and Fixed. If I hadn't known what to do, I'd have to wait on a voom tech line. I love you guys!

ESPN = WE NEED YOU!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts