My Dish Experience (BAD)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GreatMac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Called Dish today. Had forgotten how bad they were: after half an hour wait, I got a rep who had no idea what Voom or Voom channels were. He transferred me to another department, but since nobody picked up, after 20 minutes I gave up.

Called back later. Less wait, but the woman who answered had never heard of Voom channels. Transferred me to a supervisor, who turned out to be a women named Chris.

She had the vocabulary and manners of someone who did not qualify as a DMV hire, and kept telling me that I still have my old Dish equipment, which I have purchased years ago (I was with them for 7 years before Voom), so I am not eligible for any discounts or promos. I told her I have sold the DVR and all I have in a closet is a seven year old SD receiver, which I don't want to use.

At the end, she accused me of lying that I don't have my old Dish equipment. Told me that as long as it is not activated in someone else's name, Dish considers it mine, thus I will not be eligible for any promos and will have to purchase each box for $300.

When I asked to speak to someone else, she told me there is no one else: she is THE SUPERVISOR. Amazing! I had been with them for 7 years. Guess this is Dish's reward for being a previous customer.

I miss Voom and I miss the Voom 21 programming, but I am not going back to Dish. Hopefully, others will pick up VOOM 21, and I will go with them.

P.S. When I asked about the transition to MPEG4, I was told that the 942 and the HD boxes will not work with it, but that Dish MAY offer a discount on their new MPEG4 equipment to 942 owners. Judging by my experience today, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It is Netflix, Greencine and OTA for me, at least until someone decent start carrying Voom 21.

Great... Im a former Dish customer left high and dry by Voom. Sounds like you didnt even get to the additional dish for $100. Local retailer couldnt get me anything from them either. I just cant/wont go $500 (811+2nd dish). Guess Ill be going with DirectTV and hope they pick up Voom. I WANT MY MONSTERHD!

Edit: I am going to try again Tues after they get a regular business day under their belt... maybe they will come to their senses.

Amazing

That is amazing , i have called Dish over 15 times since the Voom announcement , and spoken to 15 different people. The wait times range from 2 minutes to 4 minutes the longest. don't call peak times. I usually call early moring or late at nite. Even when i called at 4 pm the wait was 3 minutes. Every rep had heard of voom, and was well versed about he hd package deal, 942 deal, or 811 deal for lease. I think they are professional bunch of people.

calikarim said:
That is amazing , i have called Dish over 15 times since the Voom announcement , and spoken to 15 different people....

Hey, I just shared MY personal experience.

You must be a lucky guy, or are not a former Dish subscriber, so you go to a different cue (for new succers:), where they are faster and nicer.

Also, unless you are an installer or a dealer (also a different cue), having to call "over 15 times" in two days shows incompetence on somebody's part: either they did not provide the full/correct answers the first time, or you didn't ask the right questions (or, you just have a lot of time on your hands and enjoy talking to CS reps).

I am done with Dish. Given their MPEG4 transition answer, they will ream you when you want to upgrade your 942 DVR in the Fall.

$1300.00 plus for install of E* ( MY "A")

Called dish a few times and got different answers each time. Except for one thing. I was told that since I shut down with Dish on Dec. 21st to go to V* I had to wait until June 21st to get any deals 6(mos). I sent the equiptment back in dec 2004. See they have this 6mos jail time. After that I will be a called a previous customer and get the current deal of the time. Right now I am stuck between "customer" and "previous customer". I even said I would pay for the install, which I might add there is none since the wires and dish are still in place. Was told once that I could pay 250 install, 400 for each HD receiver and 200 for SD type. Then there is a fee for 50 for the LNB then the splitter. Never did get the price on that. Thats $1300.00 plus the splitter :what :yikes . Oh did I mention that even though I would own the equiptment I would have to sign a 2 year agreement. One last thing. I might not get any discount for V* programing if I wait until June 21st. Yes I am praying for D* :rainbow too.

-scott :mad:

I won't do Dish either. Back in 1999 I signed up for Dish. After only 3 weeks my receiver crapped out on me. I called Dish and they would not help me. They told me I had to purchase another receiver at full price. I cancelled and called DirecTV. I was a happy D customer for 5 years until I went with Voom. Now that Voom is done I'm staying with Netflix and OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts