My Dish Experience (BAD)

GreatMac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Called Dish today. Had forgotten how bad they were: after half an hour wait, I got a rep who had no idea what Voom or Voom channels were. He transferred me to another department, but since nobody picked up, after 20 minutes I gave up.

Called back later. Less wait, but the woman who answered had never heard of Voom channels. Transferred me to a supervisor, who turned out to be a women named Chris.

She had the vocabulary and manners of someone who did not qualify as a DMV hire, and kept telling me that I still have my old Dish equipment, which I have purchased years ago (I was with them for 7 years before Voom), so I am not eligible for any discounts or promos. I told her I have sold the DVR and all I have in a closet is a seven year old SD receiver, which I don't want to use.

At the end, she accused me of lying that I don't have my old Dish equipment. Told me that as long as it is not activated in someone else's name, Dish considers it mine, thus I will not be eligible for any promos and will have to purchase each box for $300.

When I asked to speak to someone else, she told me there is no one else: she is THE SUPERVISOR. Amazing! I had been with them for 7 years. Guess this is Dish's reward for being a previous customer.

I miss Voom and I miss the Voom 21 programming, but I am not going back to Dish. Hopefully, others will pick up VOOM 21, and I will go with them.

P.S. When I asked about the transition to MPEG4, I was told that the 942 and the HD boxes will not work with it, but that Dish MAY offer a discount on their new MPEG4 equipment to 942 owners. Judging by my experience today, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It is Netflix, Greencine and OTA for me, at least until someone decent start carrying Voom 21.

Great... Im a former Dish customer left high and dry by Voom. Sounds like you didnt even get to the additional dish for $100. Local retailer couldnt get me anything from them either. I just cant/wont go $500 (811+2nd dish). Guess Ill be going with DirectTV and hope they pick up Voom. I WANT MY MONSTERHD!

Edit: I am going to try again Tues after they get a regular business day under their belt... maybe they will come to their senses.

Amazing

That is amazing , i have called Dish over 15 times since the Voom announcement , and spoken to 15 different people. The wait times range from 2 minutes to 4 minutes the longest. don't call peak times. I usually call early moring or late at nite. Even when i called at 4 pm the wait was 3 minutes. Every rep had heard of voom, and was well versed about he hd package deal, 942 deal, or 811 deal for lease. I think they are professional bunch of people.

calikarim said:
That is amazing , i have called Dish over 15 times since the Voom announcement , and spoken to 15 different people....

Hey, I just shared MY personal experience.

You must be a lucky guy, or are not a former Dish subscriber, so you go to a different cue (for new succers:), where they are faster and nicer.

Also, unless you are an installer or a dealer (also a different cue), having to call "over 15 times" in two days shows incompetence on somebody's part: either they did not provide the full/correct answers the first time, or you didn't ask the right questions (or, you just have a lot of time on your hands and enjoy talking to CS reps).

I am done with Dish. Given their MPEG4 transition answer, they will ream you when you want to upgrade your 942 DVR in the Fall.

$1300.00 plus for install of E* ( MY "A")

Called dish a few times and got different answers each time. Except for one thing. I was told that since I shut down with Dish on Dec. 21st to go to V* I had to wait until June 21st to get any deals 6(mos). I sent the equiptment back in dec 2004. See they have this 6mos jail time. After that I will be a called a previous customer and get the current deal of the time. Right now I am stuck between "customer" and "previous customer". I even said I would pay for the install, which I might add there is none since the wires and dish are still in place. Was told once that I could pay 250 install, 400 for each HD receiver and 200 for SD type. Then there is a fee for 50 for the LNB then the splitter. Never did get the price on that. Thats $1300.00 plus the splitter :what :yikes . Oh did I mention that even though I would own the equiptment I would have to sign a 2 year agreement. One last thing. I might not get any discount for V* programing if I wait until June 21st. Yes I am praying for D* :rainbow too.

-scott :mad:

I won't do Dish either. Back in 1999 I signed up for Dish. After only 3 weeks my receiver crapped out on me. I called Dish and they would not help me. They told me I had to purchase another receiver at full price. I cancelled and called DirecTV. I was a happy D customer for 5 years until I went with Voom. Now that Voom is done I'm staying with Netflix and OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts