Keeping rain fade to a minimum

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm new to Direct but not c and ku band. Wanted to share my idea and solutions I did to minimize rain fade.

I currently only have SD with a D-11 but the idea's can also be used for HD with multiple satellites.

First thing I did was install a Slimline dish vs the 18" and modified the feed support to handle the single 18" LNBF.

Next I peaked the dish for maximum signal on all active transponders. 95 to 100 signal I'm showing.

Then I built a lnbf rain hood to shield the lnbf from rain drops getting on the lnbf lens. I used a paint can top for the hood and attached it to the lnbf (see pictures)

In theory the drops of water on the lens and clouds saturated with moisture cause the most attenuation on the k band signals.

So far pretty good results. Those who like to tinker may want to try some stuff themselves.

HOW DID YOU GET THE PAINT CAP TOP TO STAY ON THE LNBF? THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT AND SUGGESTION:):up

I used electric tape and a tie wrap. You could also use silicone.

thank you for your reply appreciate it.i might try it after they come out and align it.im getting pixelation alot on 110,119 and 129:):up

On the Eagle Aspen SL3 PIG-P is 101 at center? And will my D-11 access that LNBF in the menu? Curious :confused:

yes , it thinks if it as a triple lnb dish

I love to tinker with dishes it's part of the hobby :)

that is what i thought ... me too

I give him credit for liking to tinker with them, I just remodeled a old AT-9, but seeing the dish he put up already had what he was trying to accomplish, it confused me as to why. :confused::)

i got an at9 with an au9 lnb on it

works good

Technical info.

I was looking at the SL3 LNBF and noticed the feed throat is smaller for 101 than a standard 18" LNBF. From what I know from my many years of dish experience. The 18" LNBF will see more of the Slimline dish than the SL3 LNBF. So if 101 is all you need you will get more gain out of the 18" LNBF due to the illumination pattern.

Just went through a good rainstorm here signals stayed in the 90's, Not a drop of water on the LNBF lens cover. I should adapt this thing to my 90 cm Primestar dish and see what happens :D Bigtime gain :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)