Keeping water out of a C Band LNBF when using an offset dish

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I am new to using the C Band FTA. The angles that I have to point the C Band LNBFs on my 8 foot offset dish for the best signal will allow rain water to eventually go into them. It seems that most C Band LNBFs have the caps with holes in them. What do most people use in order to avoid having water run into the LNBF? Just going and getting some clear plastic and gluing it onto the LNBF, instead of using the plastic cap that it comes with?

danristheman has that covered ;) He has found certain lids from plastic tubs like margarine and cool whip come in will fit the conical scalar you use with a C-Band LNBF on an offset dish.

I use a heavy plastic vapour barrier sheet and cover the whole scaler opening. This leaves a gap between the feedhorn and scaler for air exchange. I found the margarine container lids would disintegrate after about a month of exposure to sunshine, UV, etc. Plexiglas might work well too, just have to cut it perfectly round to fit the scaler. The plastic sheet has last about a year and a half so far.

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST
Here is a picture.

Attachments

• 20170214_154849.jpg
    20170214_154849.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 929

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)