Keith Olbermann will not return to NBC's NFL highlights show

That is not surprising. :rolleyes::p

Whether you like him or not, agree with his politics or not, he nor anyone else, regardless of their political views, should not be interjecting politics into sports. He and Collinsworth do so all of the time

That is the difference between you and I. YOU were looking for his political side...I was looking for his personality. When Rush Limp-baugh tried to be a sportscaster and interjected HIS politics, it did not bug me....he just had a terrible attitude and did not have a sports personality.

There are ALOT of sportcasters/sports reporters that do not have the personality to do sports. Sports is suppose to be fun, there is a time to be serious(especially when they have to hit the police blogs) and a time to be fun...and most time, sports are fun regardless of who wins and who loses.

They should just broadcast the game with no announcers. They did once. I loved it. I can't remember the year but I taped it and archived it. It was fantastic.

Did you see during the game where they were pushing some online way of watching the game where you could choose what camera angle to see? Collinsworth tried to be funny and made a comment how they are lucky you can't choose different announcers. Not a peep from Al. I don't think they get along too well.

How about when they showed by po' boy sandwiches being made. Michaels says something about how many Madden could eat and then says that Collinsworth would be lining up for the greens and water instead. He agreed.

Collinsworth is such a tool.

You know....I think they did that for a football game too. I like certain announces only. I watch my Raiders but listen to the Oakland broadcast on the internet.
I haven't tried this but someone said if you play the game with your stereo receiver and unhook the center speaker you don't hear the announcers. I don't know if that's true or not. Correction. Someone from across the hall just emailed and said it's true.

Last edited:
hmmmm.....
They tried it with the Thursday Night game. We only have a Yamaha Receiver with a 5 speaker set up here in our little office but you heard the crowd from the left and right and surround speakers . You don't hear the announcers. You also don't hear the audio from the refs. Still, It's not bad. Now I don't know if they do it the same way for the Sunday games.

They tried it with the Thursday Night game. We only have a Yamaha Receiver with a 5 speaker set up here in our little office but you heard the crowd from the left and right and surround speakers . You don't hear the announcers. You also don't hear the audio from the refs. Still, It's not bad. Now I don't know if they do it the same way for the Sunday games.
It may be different for each network, depending on how the sound is mixed...

It may be different for each network, depending on how the sound is mixed...
We don't have lots of stuff here on the DVR here but The Red Sox Rays game worked . No Announcers with Center Speaker off. The College Football Game on ESPN didn't work however . They put the sound out on the front 3 speakers .

...How about when they showed by po' boy sandwiches being made. Michaels says something about how many Madden could eat and then says that Collinsworth would be lining up for the greens and water instead. He agreed.

Collinsworth is such a tool.
That's the Cincinnati in him. Those roast beef po'boys are to die for, yet it's not something he's familiar with (unlike that nasty cinammon laced chili he's used to) so he won't try it.

I could never understand why they hired that fruit loop in the first place unless they wanted left wing political commentary all over their sports cast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts