Ken Griffey Jr. "Throat Slash" to Jeff Brantley

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Awful Announcing has an article posted up about how after Griffey hit his 607 home run on Sat. Night, he made the throat slash sign to Jeff Brantley. Brantley, the Reds announcer has been critical of Griffey. Griffey made the sign because Brantley said that Griffey was pouting because the Reds hadn't picked up his 16 million dollar option for next year.
Brantley has always been outspoken and I guess Griffey had enough.

I didn't see it, but the talk on Cincinnati radio is that it was a throat slash AND an F-bomb.

I'm closing my eyes and dreaming of next year, when Griffey and Dunn will both be gone.

I didn't see it, but the talk on Cincinnati radio is that it was a throat slash AND an F-bomb.

I'm closing my eyes and dreaming of next year, when Griffey and Dunn will both be gone.

I really don't care if Griffey is gone but I don't understand why it is that so many folks want to get rid of DUNN.
He only hits in the neighborhood of 40+ HRs every year and bats in 100+ runs every year.
Yes he is an adventure in the outfield and he strikes out a lot, but so did Babe Ruth by the way.
Griffey is older and Dunn is a LOT younger so why do so many folks want to get rid of Dunn?

Jason Stark had an interesting comment this morning during his report on one of the ESPN shows(can't remember which one) they all seem to blur together.

He said Dunn can be had for a song and that collectively all 29 other teams have yawned and said pass. Speaks volumes IMO.

From Ken Rosenthal...

"Reds left fielder Adam Dunn hit his 30th home run on Monday night, tying the Phillies' Ryan Howard for the major-league lead. His .941 OPS ranks ninth in the NL. And his defense, by most measures, has improved.
Nobody wants him?"

.... Dunn is a LOT younger so why do so many folks want to get rid of Dunn?

If you watched him every day lollygagging through his career like he's done, you wouldn't have to ask that question. Everything the Toronto GM said about his lack of desire and (sometimes) effort is true. I think he'd rather just go golfing.

Cincinnati baseball fans don't take to that kind of style very well.

I really don't care if Griffey is gone but I don't understand why it is that so many folks want to get rid of DUNN.
He only hits in the neighborhood of 40+ HRs every year and bats in 100+ runs every year.
Yes he is an adventure in the outfield and he strikes out a lot, but so did Babe Ruth by the way.
Griffey is older and Dunn is a LOT younger so why do so many folks want to get rid of Dunn?

You want to know why Reds fans want rid of Dunn. He does do what you said, but he only bats .220. Babe Ruth batted over .300 so there is a BIG difference between the two.

Also I wish the Reds would get rid of Brantley. He SUCKS as an announcer.

Hey, Sabres.......my name is RAMY. :D

This seems to be nothing new with Mr. Griffey I guess. When he was feeling "Disrepected" back in his early days, with seattle when Sparky anderson had his pitchers pitch to him after many intentional walks after Jr hit a homer as he got to home plate he looked over to sparky and grabbed his.....humm how can I say this his "manhood"

Sparky was none to please as me manged his father back in the Cinci reds days.

This seems to be nothing new with Mr. Griffey I guess. When he was feeling "Disrepected" back in his early days, with seattle when Sparky anderson had his pitchers pitch to him after many intentional walks after Jr hit a homer as he got to home plate he looked over to sparky and grabbed his.....humm how can I say this his "manhood"

Sparky was none to please as me manged his father back in the Cinci reds days.

Wow, I've never heard that story before, what a disgrace. And to think I thought Junior was classy all these years. Shame on me.

Reds should have traded Dunn and Griffey instead of Hamilton. :cool:

As for Griffey, he has never been "in sync" with the media, and they don't like that. Therefore, the rip him every chance they get.

Dunn lifetime stats are .248, with 644 RBI's and 268 HR's . He has averaged 100.25 RBI's in the last 4 seasons (41.5 are from HR's). I am pretty sure that is good, but not great.

Hey, Sabres.......my name is RAMY. :D

012_421~The-Simpsons-Homer-D-Oh-Posters.jpg

Reds should have traded Dunn and Griffey instead of Hamilton. :cool:

As for Griffey, he has never been "in sync" with the media, and they don't like that. Therefore, the rip him every chance they get.

Dunn lifetime stats are .248, with 644 RBI's and 268 HR's . He has averaged 100.25 RBI's in the last 4 seasons (41.5 are from HR's). I am pretty sure that is good, but not great.

It may not be great but it sure beats anything else the Reds have in their lineup.
I don't see were you are going to replace DUNN's production if you get rid of him since you are not going to get a major leaguer in return. The Reds seem to like to get minor league players in return when they trade someone well except for the Hamilton trade that is.
The reason the JR was mad the the broadcasters was that they called him on his lack of hustle in the outfield when he let a ball fall between him and the center fielder this ball should have been caught by one of them.

It may not be great but it sure beats anything else the Reds have in their lineup.
I don't see were you are going to replace DUNN's production if you get rid of him since you are not going to get a major leaguer in return. The Reds seem to like to get minor league players in return when they trade someone well except for the Hamilton trade that is.
The reason the JR was mad the the broadcasters was that they called him on his lack of hustle in the outfield when he let a ball fall between him and the center fielder this ball should have been caught by one of them.

A player that hits .260 with 20 HR's and 75 RBI, and hits a meager .245 with runners in scoring position would more than adequately replace Dunn's production, and hitters with those numbers are a dime a dozen. Not to mention you would only have to be at least mediocre defensively.

Dunn is the classic "hit one out when you're 7 ahead or 7 behind" slugger. He pads his stats when the game isn't on the line, for the most part.

Hey Sabres, that's a cool pic of Homer Simpson. As far as Adam Dunn goes, I guess J.P. Richardi was right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts