Today's NASCAR race (July 27th)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Did anyone see the race today? That was just terrible. They had to pit every 10 laps because the tires were utter crap. That wasn't a race at all. The only cars that were down laps were bacause their tires blew out.

Yeah it stunk! Man they really need to get better tires for that track so lets hope next time its better..

What a joke.
A compition caution every 20 laps or so, NO flow to the race at all, it turned out to be a bunch of short track racing....
If you were set up the day before for 50 lap runs, like most (50 laps is normal before pitting for tires and gas here.) you were sol, no longer runs ....

Goodyear has to be held accountable sometime, teams complain about tires being too hard or too soft regularly, but this was entirely different.

It almost seems like Goodyear gives them tires that they know will not be great, each week and see who can deal with the differing circumstances, but thats not what racing should be about.

Goodyear has been supplying tires for them at the Brickyard since they first went there, about 15 years ago and I don't believe they ever had this problem, so they had a good starting point, so you know they did something different, the question is WHY ?
I would prefer to see the tires be a NON issue, but it has been a huge issue all year, almost like the umpires,the less you hear from them the better.

Jimbo

Every change in NASCAR since it unified the TV contract in 2001 has been for the worse.

Bring back the ultra safe, ultra interesting system of racing back to the caution. Bring back cars that had SOME resemblance to a street car. Bring back the Southern 500. Bring back the old points system. Bring back race starts at 12:30 or so ET on Sundays. AND BRING BACK BIAS PLY TIRES.

Every change in NASCAR since it unified the TV contract in 2001 has been for the worse.

Bring back the ultra safe, ultra interesting system of racing back to the caution. Bring back cars that had SOME resemblance to a street car. Bring back the Southern 500. Bring back the old points system. Bring back race starts at 12:30 or so ET on Sundays. AND BRING BACK BIAS PLY TIRES.

You forgot to ask to bring back ESPN or a network that cares about NASCAR.

If they brought back the old system of points, no one would be watching.
Busch would be soooo far ahead that the races would not matter.

While I don't mind the Saturday night races, I do want to see the Sunday races back to a 12:30 - 1 pm time again, but that's about as likely as making college football a 12:30 game again.
They moved alot of the times around so that they would start or run into Prime Time TV adience, which is a stupid idea, but it wasn't my idea.

Jimbo

If they brought back the old system of points, no one would be watching.
Busch would be soooo far ahead that the races would not matter
Jimbo

And someone would be putting him into a wall once in a while. Ya know, you don't really see the bump and go much anymore. Obviously a safety issue but it did make things interesting.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the lack of side-by-side racing at 70% of the tracks? I mean there are a few that will ALWAYS bring good, 3-wide racing, but for the most part it's single-file. Yep, Indy race blew..If I'd have paid for a ticket, I'd be steaming.

I have never watched a race because of its impact on the season points championship. That WAS the beauty of the previous system. Every race was a stand alone event in and of itself, seperate from the totally secondary points championship.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the lack of side-by-side racing at 70% of the tracks? I mean there are a few that will ALWAYS bring good, 3-wide racing, but for the most part it's single-file. Yep, Indy race blew..If I'd have paid for a ticket, I'd be steaming.

As for your sig. In reality, 50 miles for an antenna isn't that far away.
I pick up Detroit regularly which is 50 miles from me, Lansing too if I move the antenna a bit farther to the west. :)

Jimbo

As for your sig. In reality, 50 miles for an antenna isn't that far away.
I pick up Detroit regularly which is 50 miles from me, Lansing too if I move the antenna a bit farther to the west. :)

Jimbo
Just curious..What on Earth gave you the urge to say that? I couldn't give 2 craps less about YOUR antenna, buddy. Spend your time doing something other than telling people how their stuff isn't as great as they think or hope it might be. Also: why does everyone on here want to get in pissing matches. "I have this! You don't!" or "You're so wrong and dumb.." or "na-na, -na-na, -na-na". Some of y'all sound like a bunch of women...My point was my antenna picks up 20 miles more than the box said it would. It was only $28.00 when everyone was trying to tell me how I needed a $120.00 one. It's a freakin' 4" x 8" piece of plastic. Jesus......Now, does anyone want to positively contribute to the freakin' thread? Let's get back to talkin' racin'!

You just did what you were complaining about.

Just curious..What on Earth gave you the urge to say that? I couldn't give 2 craps less about YOUR antenna, buddy. Spend your time doing something other than telling people how their stuff isn't as great as they think or hope it might be. Also: why does everyone on here want to get in pissing matches. "I have this! You don't!" or "You're so wrong and dumb.." or "na-na, -na-na, -na-na". Some of y'all sound like a bunch of women...My point was my antenna picks up 20 miles more than the box said it would. It was only $28.00 when everyone was trying to tell me how I needed a $120.00 one. It's a freakin' 4" x 8" piece of plastic. Jesus......Now, does anyone want to positively contribute to the freakin' thread? Let's get back to talkin' racin'!

You seriously mistook my post.
I was in NO WAY degrading anyone's equipment.
I tried to point out that over 50 miles should be expected for an outside antenna.
I simple saw it in your post and thought it was a good thing that you were using an antenna, I myself prefer the OTA stuff vs over the dish for locals.

Jimbo

You just did what you were complaining about.
No, I didn't. I was trying to explain why I put "don't laugh..." in my signature, and ask why (I thought at the time) ol' Jimbo was bashing my "plastic, toy" antenna. I didn't start anything. No drama here, Big Guy...Now, to the racin' talk! Who thinks Ryan Newman's going to Stewart/Hass?

You seriously mistook my post.
I was in NO WAY degrading anyone's equipment.
I tried to point out that over 50 miles should be expected for an outside antenna.
I simple saw it in your post and thought it was a good thing that you were using an antenna, I myself prefer the OTA stuff vs over the dish for locals.

Jimbo
My apologies, Sir..It's sometimes hard to tell someones intentions not seeing their face or hearing their tone of voice. Again, I apologize. Yeah, I prefer OTA, too. That's why I wish FOX would carry ALL the races (It's the strongest signal I get, plus their in/on-track cameras were made for HD.-That in-ground speed-shot they use is sweet!) NBC's OK. Their announcers are just kind of boring to me.

Last edited:
I watched the whole thing but was dissapointed with the 10/12 lap tires as most were.. One thing though you are asking a lot out of those size tires given the weight and speed of the car in the turns. Maybe if they were allowed to put bigger tires on the cars. If not but for that one track.I also understand that they recently diamond grooved it. Of course I have fond memories when there was no such thing as restrictor plates. But thats another story all together. my 2 cents

I watched the whole thing but was dissapointed with the 10/12 lap tires as most were.. One thing though you are asking a lot out of those size tires given the weight and speed of the car in the turns. Maybe if they were allowed to put bigger tires on the cars. If not but for that one track.I also understand that they recently diamond grooved it. Of course I have fond memories when there was no such thing as restrictor plates. But that's another story all together. my 2 cents
Yeah, it was great to see those hot rods go 200++. The track's gonna have to be resurfaced, IMO. I'm not sure Goodyear can build a tire that strong. Maybe bigger is better. Even Tony Stewart who is a harsh critic of Goodyear, said ( on his Sirius show) it wasn't all their fault. He said there was rubber dust and bits on the fans all the way to the first few rows in the parking lot. That track evaporates tires.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)