Today's NASCAR race (July 27th)

I watched the whole thing but was dissapointed with the 10/12 lap tires as most were.. One thing though you are asking a lot out of those size tires given the weight and speed of the car in the turns. Maybe if they were allowed to put bigger tires on the cars. If not but for that one track.I also understand that they recently diamond grooved it. Of course I have fond memories when there was no such thing as restrictor plates. But thats another story all together. my 2 cents

They weren't running restrictor plates. The only 2 tracks that use them are Daytona and Talladega.

Yeah, it was great to see those hot rods go 200++. The track's gonna have to be resurfaced, IMO. I'm not sure Goodyear can build a tire that strong. Maybe bigger is better. Even Tony Stewart who is a harsh critic of Goodyear, said ( on his Sirius show) it wasn't all their fault. He said there was rubber dust and bits on the fans all the way to the first few rows in the parking lot. That track evaporates tires.

Thing is, Goodyear has been doing tires for Indy for years now and never had a problem before....

Jimbo

Thing is, Goodyear has been doing tires for Indy for years now and never had a problem before....

Jimbo
Then I guess it's ALL elated to the COT itself. This is the first year of the COT (obviously). If the track was resurfaced years ago and the tires have never been this bad before, that's the only other option. This (COT) wasn't tested (at Indy) by enough different teams/cars to truly determine how it would affect tires. I did read that they wonder why no rubber built up on the track. It just pebbled up. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/sports/othersports/30nascar.html?ref=othersports

Then I guess it's ALL elated to the COT itself. This is the first year of the COT (obviously). If the track was resurfaced years ago and the tires have never been this bad before, that's the only other option. This (COT) wasn't tested (at Indy) by enough different teams/cars to truly determine how it would affect tires. I did read that they wonder why no rubber built up on the track. It just pebbled up. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/sports/othersports/30nascar.html?ref=othersports

You make a real good point there about it being the difference with the COT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts