Kinda quiet in here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
iafirebuff said:
Not much goes on in here. Anybody active with working the satellites? I always thought that would be cool.

KC0HBB

Well I'm still here. Yeah been kinda dead lately. I've been decoding wx satellite pics off of the NOAA sats on 137mhz having pretty good luck too.

Bob N1WBD

sounds interesting! Years ago I had an interface to decode morse code, fax and RTTY/ Of course that was in Commodore 64 days :)

iafirebuff said:
sounds interesting! Years ago I had an interface to decode morse code, fax and RTTY/ Of course that was in Commodore 64 days :)

You can do that all now with freeware and your computer's sound card. The IF on my HT isn't wide enough for WEFAX although some have reported moderate success regardless. I've just listened to the audio of them. Perhaps one day I'll try to decode them. Since my satellite set up is portable, I'll have to record it on my pocket digital recorder then play it into my soundcard to get an image.

I've written some posts here months ago about working the different satellites, particularly the FM easy sats however you have to use the search function now to find them as they've decayed from the forum display. I worked through the ISS repeater and AO-51 on Field Day but have been quite busy with work and other projects since then. Plus, AO-51 is in L/U mode right now and that I don't have equipment for. There's still SO-50 and AO-27 for us FM only sat people.

Also, PCSAT2 is only going to be on the air for another month. The next shuttle mission will be removing it and sending it back to Earth as it has some space exposure experiments onboard. The 10m PSK/CW uplink mode is user triggered again but it is very, very deaf due to an unknown malfunction. The PCSAT2 team is still hoping someone will be able to get through it before time is up. Regardless the packet side of it still works good.

For those with SSB sat gear, AO-7 is still chugging along as the oldest satellite still in operation in the universe, VO-52 Hamsat is doing well as is FO-29. I'm still hoping to come across some cheap VHF/UHF SSB gear so I can join in on the fun on those sats.

Mark VO1ONE

n1wbd said:
Well I'm still here. Yeah been kinda dead lately. I've been decoding wx satellite pics off of the NOAA sats on 137mhz having pretty good luck too.

Bob N1WBD

Hmm, does anyone know where to find a 1690MHz LNA? I'd like to experiment with EMWIN some.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)