Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Overnight Apple & Amazon realeased the Kindle Reader for the iPhone.

With the new Kindle 2 being released last week I was actually thinking about getting one, but with this new iPhone application I don't need one.

In addition after downloading the free application I am glad I didn't buy one as I couldn't find any Book, magazine or newspaper that I wanted to read or buy!

I wish they had a demo book for downloaded so I could see what it was like to read a book on my iPhone, however I don't think I could read a 800 page book on my iPhone.

Got to have some good eyes to read an entire book on the iPhone screen.

Nah, I have read many books on a Palm PDA, with a smaller screen. Its doable - the software reformats the text so it is easy to read; just a LOT more pages.

If the Kindle app supported magazines/newspapers I would be very interested in it. From what I read, it doesn't.

You should be able to download the first chapter of a book without having to buy it. I downloaded a preview of Twilight so the wife could see what it was like on her iPhone and it was free.

I downloaded the Kindle reader; was surprised it would not rotate the screen.

So... I downloaded the eReader.com reader (the same I have used on my Palm OS PDA for years); much more functional. More ability to change the display, and worked very well with my eReader.com account; was able to pick any of my existing purchases and download.

The advantage of Kindle? The Amazon.com power in terms of the titles they have. But, as a software device, it has a long way to go.

I downloaded a chapter of a book and I got to admit it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. In fact I was half tempted to buy the book I sampled.

The first few pages seemed strange, but after that it was comfortable reading on the iPhone.

how does it download to the app itself from Amazon? I want to try this later.

EDIT: I just did it. Easy as pie, and looks good on the iPhone, too. Nice.

Last edited:
It downloads from Amazon when it connects. it also stores your pages read so if you have a Kindle as well you can pick up where you left.

If the Kindle app supported magazines/newspapers I would be very interested in it. From what I read, it doesn't.
Wife subscribes to NY Times on hers, it downloads automatically every day.

EDIT: sorry, I was thinking Kindle device, not iPhone app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)