Kings

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Anybody else watching this show? Seems interesting so far, especially if you are familiar with the Bible stories of David and Goliath.

I've been watching. I like the show so far, but the writing has to improve. The stories are rather thin and some of the dialog is laughable. This week's situation was just on the border of being annoying with the poorly developed infighting between the King and Crown Prince.

When I saw that next week a new character played by Macaulay Culkin is being introduced, I nearly heaved! I'll give him a chance, but the last memory I have of this actor is his attempt at serious acting in "The Good Son".

See ya
Tony

Don't get to liking it too much. Ratings have been abysmal. The odds are against it.

When I saw that next week a new character played by Macaulay Culkin is being introduced, I nearly heaved! I'll give him a chance, but the last memory I have of this actor is his attempt at serious acting in "The Good Son".

See ya
Tony

Yeh, I was on the fence on this show but still watching. Adding Culkin may force me to stop watching!

Yep, had to watch because of McShane and Deadwood. Liked the first couple episodes, but it is starting to get annoying. I have a feeling this will get the ax. Especially bringing in Culkin.

This entire Series (so far) is on Scifi Thursday night at 11 pm Edt...
I am glad of this because my local NBC station, as they are prone to do sometimes, dropped audio just as the princess entered the building where the guys were holed up with their guns, and audio was out for the duration. Not a good sign for viewership, if I catch something like this live and call in to the news tipline to complain they usually have it fixed quickly. Maybe nobody else in this DMA was watching, (or DVR'ed it like I did).

NBC Yanks 'Kings'

By Josef Adalian
NBC Tuesday said it was pulling the drama from its lineup, effective immediately. The network had recently moved the show from Sunday to Saturday nights at 8.
"Kings" is still set to finish out its run of original episodes, but not until June, long after the official season has ended. The show will return to Saturdays at 8 on June 13, airing its series finale on July 25.

Source & More: tvweek.com

What miserable ratings! Egad! I had no idea I was one of 4 people who actually watched this show. :)
That must mean that me and you are half the entire audience. :D

Since the 2 parter season (now series) finale is titled "The New King", I'll probably watch the final 7 episodes, since it'll at least have some kind of conclusion. Unfortunately that means no Bathsheba story. :(;)

I have been watching it, I guess we make 3/4 the audience. I have been disappointed by it. Well the good news about the cancellation is that now one less competitor for Chuck. The only real show I will be upset about them cancelling.

The problem with Kings is that they want to project that you should feel that you should be loyal to the king because he was selected by God. But, as Americans this is not built into our upbringing, so it is not a concept to which we can relate. In contrast the Tudors is another series I really like, it is facinating to think of how they used to think about the King the Church and God. This series probably would have done better in Britain.