Kite Runner coming to hd dvd?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ozzy1028

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2007
Specs, Box Art in For 'Kite Runner' HD DVD | High-Def Digest

Can someone please explain to me why paramount is still going to release this on hd hdvd. I was pulling for hd dvd to win the war but its all but over now and paramount and universal are still pussy footing around with hd dvd. Shouldnt they know by now they should just hang it up? All they are doing is wasting time and money. Is it just me or are they just plain stupid?

This release was probably done last year for one thing, long before the Warner announcement. Authoring of dvds/HD-DVDs/BD is a months long process often starting just before the movie hits the theater.

This release was probably done last year for one thing, long before the Warner announcement. Authoring of dvds/HD-DVDs/BD is a months long process often starting just before the movie hits the theater.

Ok, so you are saying they have a contract to fulfill around the time the movies comes to theaters. That makes sense.

Until and unless they switch sides or go purple EVERYTHING will be on HD DVD. I doubt that they would make an exception for a film like this(good but not a mass market film). If they do decide to tie an announcement to change colors to a film it would more likely be a blockbuster of some kind.

Until and unless they switch sides or go purple EVERYTHING will be on HD DVD. I doubt that they would make an exception for a film like this(good but not a mass market film). If they do decide to tie an announcement to change colors to a film it would more likely be a blockbuster of some kind.

Nah... The first somewhat exclusive HD DVD what Blades of Glory.

American Gangster is HD DVD exclusive. If Universal goes purple or Blu, they will likely re-release it. Paramount is another matter. I could see them releasing Transformers and Beowulf on Blu. However, I could see them taking their sweet time to release A Mighty Heart, Hot Dog, etc. I would flip a coin to see whether or not they would even bother re-releasing Stardust in the next few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)