KJZZ to be dropped at midnight 1/1/09 Update - Back on 2/11/09

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No they haven't, but the reality is that this station already gets paid by the other providers that carry it, plus we already know Darth Malone's stance on negotiating, which would lead anyone to believe the hold up is Darth...

Unless of course, your like the guy above and are out of touch with reality.

No they haven't, but the reality is that this station already gets paid by the other providers that carry it, plus we already know Darth Malone's stance on negotiating, which would lead anyone to believe the hold up is Darth...
I dont know so I really can't comment. But it seems odd that D* is having a dispute...usually its Dish

Last I checked I was part of reality ;)

I prefer the reality where you're not even worth the effort so I will leave you alone in LaLa Land.

But I would like to thank you for proving my point in that post by being the way you are.

I prefer the reality where you're not even worth the effort so I will leave you alone in LaLa Land.

But I would like to thank you for proving my point in that post by being the way you are.

If you truly wanted to leave a person in 'lala land' you wouldn't have replied to begin with.

I love to watch people like you. Somebody obviously bothers you with what they say, and you reply while acting like you aren't trying to get involved.

Once again, I thought you were gonna ignore me? Or maybe that thought was what came from lala land?

If you truly wanted to leave a person in 'lala land' you wouldn't have replied to begin with.

I love to watch people like you. Somebody obviously bothers you with what they say, and you reply while acting like you aren't trying to get involved.

Once again, I thought you were gonna ignore me? Or maybe that thought was what came from lala land?

ok kids ... to bad there's not an age limit here.

Is anyone here ACTUALLY CAPABLE OF MAKING A LEGIT ARGUMENT, rather then throwing insults around and calling people kids?

I made you upset because I said things about your favorite company. DEAL WITH IT. If you can't make a compelling counter argument, then you honestly can't tell me with a stright face that I'm acting like a kid while you guys throw insults around.

Here's my take on the situation--

Many stations are at a point where either must-carry or retransmission agreements are expiring. Advertising revenue is probably down and they are looking for additional sources of income. They see that LIN and others have been successful in getting more for their programming and are asking for similar deals. Comcast appears to be asking for more in the RSN world. The providers (Directv, Dish, cable systems) don't want to give more as it comes out of their bottom line, nor do they want to lose channels or raise their rates too much (which will generate more churn) so it will take some time to negotiate arrangements which both sides will find acceptable. Some stations have gone dark on both Directv and Dish, at least until agreements can be reached. There are probably no good guys or bad guys here, just companies trying for the best deals. The customers don't have any real leverage in these situations.

DirecTV reached a transmission agreement with KJZZ for 2009, so it is back on the satellite, including Utah Jazz games.

DirecTV reached a transmission agreement with KJZZ for 2009, so it is back on the satellite, including Utah Jazz games.
During the 6 o'clock sportscast, they said to call and express your concerns that the games weren't available on D*. During gametime (about an hour later), I changed to ch 14 (KJZZ) to go up a channel to watch it OTA, and my wife said my face was priceless because it was on D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts