KMJC-LD in Kansas

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Anyone here live in the Kansas City area? I'm south of town in Drexel, Missouri less than 10 miles from Louisburg, KS. There is a newer station called KMJC, UHF 22 (virtual 25) http://tv25.tv/ which supposedly has a transmitter in Louisburg. It's an interesting subject because it has 12 sub-channels, supposedly the most of any local broadcast channel in the US.

I cannot pick up this station at my home no matter what I try. I can get 33 stations from other areas, but not this one. Has anybody else in the Kansas City area been able to pick this up?

It has TEN though seems to be broadcasting on only four at the moment. Actual Channel 22 display channel 25 all 480I. 25-1 25-2 25-8 and 25-10, Was just reading about it. Tower is in St. Mary KS according to the article. That would be impossible for you to get.

Reactions: localclassictvfan
But has carry to Luken Channels because of a deal with Luken and Heartland but no,PBJ or any Family Network. Other stations have more. Maybe somebody like KCMN picks up MICASA,The Works that use to be with KCKS-LD/WROB,KMJC-LD.

Don't have Antenna to confirm because have CCI and for Digital Sub Channels same like as Sudderlink,Charter in KC area. Google Fiber has the most in KC area almost all except This TV 4.3,Maybe on Kansas side KTWU ones,KCKS-LD/KCMN/KAJF ones.

Turns out the coordinates of the tower are only 9.2 miles from my house, so I drove out there. Looks kinda old, so I'm not sure what it was used for before they launched KMJC.

Attachments

• IMG_3100.JPG
    IMG_3100.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3101.JPG
    IMG_3101.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3105.JPG
    IMG_3105.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 203
Shortly after it was announced here, this post appeared on the http://tv25.tv website:

"TV25 has made MAJOR improvements in our signal on the south part of the KC metro and Miami & Linn Counties.....so if you were having trouble getting us before, point your antennas toward LOUISBURG and try rescanning. Anyone SOUTH of 435 should try it. Let us know if it works for you or you need help!"

Not sure how far into Linn County they penetrate; the county line is 20+ miles from the Louisburg transmitter. Nevertheless, they've definitely done SOMETHING to rectify their signal issues. I went from having zero signal to 100%. This adds 12 new OTA channels to the lineup for thousands of people in the northern Southeast Kansas/extreme south Kansas City areas. Now I can get MST3K on Retro TV!

Untitled.png

Last edited:
We should make it into Mound city for those who are willing to try hard enough....
Glad you guys found us!
Let me know if I can answer any questions about the setup for you.
Brian Short
COO
TV25

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-11-07 22.58.38.png
    Screenshot 2016-11-07 22.58.38.png
    453.9 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: comfortably_numb
I would like to thank Brian Short for allowing me a tour of the KMJC transmitter facility this evening. He was also gracious enough to allow me to take some photos to share with the forum here. The transmitter is inside a former AT&T microwave relay site. A lot of that old equipment is still inside and was interesting to see. KMJC is using state-of-the-art equipment which is ATSC 3.0 ready.

Here are some photos from my visit.

IMG_3174.JPG
IMG_3175.JPG
IMG_3176.JPG
IMG_3177.JPG

I would like to thank Brian Short for allowing me a tour of the KMJC transmitter facility this evening. He was also gracious enough to allow me to take some photos to share with the forum here. The transmitter is inside a former AT&T microwave relay site. A lot of that old equipment is still inside and was interesting to see. KMJC is using state-of-the-art equipment which is ATSC 3.0 ready.

Here are some photos from my visit.

View attachment 121929 View attachment 121930 View attachment 121931 View attachment 121932
Nice

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Thought maybe this was to make room for that new "Light TV" F&F channel that FOX is rolling out

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Doubt it....If WDAF gets a new sub it would be Comet (since Tribune has an agreement with Sinclair already)

My thought is maybe the NBC/MNTV/CBS might be the one to get Light TV......Especially KSMO since Mundomax is going out the door....