This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Knicks-Celtics on MSG Blacked Out???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steady34

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Does anyone know why this game is blacked out. I'm in the NY market and I've gotten three different answers from Directv. I am getting the Nets game and all other NBA games.
Says Program not available in your area.

rsn zip code for that area has been change you may not get those game anymore without nba league pass they may be outmarket for you now

I think only in market games are blacked out. Thats what protects their local ticket sales and local affiliates. Out of market games are the ones that should be wide open to him.

Hockey had the same problem and you call, complain, and it's been fixed since game #2 of hockey

Were you trying to watch it on the NBA League Pass Channel (700's) or MSG Network(621)? The Nba channel was blacked out because it was the NESN(celtics) feed not the MSG feed. That's why you could not watch that channel.

Both channels(MSG & NBA League Pass) were blacked out. I still don't have an answer why I couldn't see the game.

I would think if I now were considered out of market I would be able to see the game on League Pass, but not MSG. However, it was blacked out on both.

I also don't see how this could be out of market since I'm 30 miles from NYC.

I live in 06360 zip code, and I get the New York sports channels - all my experiences until getting directv were getting the Boston market channels (ie cable) - I've noticed this year I can turn to FSNY and that game you mention was blocked out, but I could watch on FSNE and the 700's channel it was on. In fact, every time I've looked lately that's been going on - last year I couldn't see jack aside from whatever may have been on TNT or espn, basketball-wise. Most live telecasts from the NY channels, aside from Yankees and Mets, get blacked out for me.... it's odd, but I am lucky to not really care since I am not a NY sportsfan

I think the rights to the first game were bought by a cable company. That's why it was blacked out on D*. I'm now getting the Knicks on MSG.

Status
Please reply by conversation.