Knights of prosperity

NOHDjunkie

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 20, 2004
Lacombe La
Oooooh.

I think this one is doomed. Pretty "un" funny in my opinion... had to force myself to finish watching it, hoping something would make it stand up to the hype.

It was old Letterman-like funny. No laugh track for the audience hurts today's comedies I think. I makes them have to listen well to hear all the nuances of the jokes and the setups

Bye Bye...

ABC has yanked the remaining episodes of Knights of Prosperity.

Zap2it reports:

ABC has pulled the low-rated freshman comedy "The Knights of Prosperity," leaving the show's remaining episodes in limbo.

The network announced on Monday (March 5) that the next three episodes of Donal Logue-centric heist comedy will be off the schedule, starting this Wednesday. The episode titled "Operation: Rent Money" will be replaced by a repeat of "According to Jim," while repeats of "George Lopez" will take the "Prosperity" slot the following two weeks.

ABC's scheduling release stops short of calling the series cancelled, but merely says "Not yet rescheduled" next to the three pulled episodes.

Like a comment made last week in a different thread, "I am not sure any one will miss it..."

It was old Letterman-like funny. No laugh track for the audience hurts today's comedies I think. I makes them have to listen well to hear all the nuances of the jokes and the setups
I was just perusing older posts and this caught my attention. Laugh tracks stop me dead in my... um, tracks. I don't need phony laughter over lame jokes to make me feel good or "get it". Thank god some of the better comedies today don't use them (30 Rock, Sarah Silverman, CYE). I would have hoped by now people were sophisticated enough not to need them. I don't mean that to be snooty... TV is more sophisticated in many instances. Too bad some sitcoms still need to pepper their shows with the canned stuff.

BTW, I thought Knights could be downright hilarious at times.

I was just perusing older posts and this caught my attention. Laugh tracks stop me dead in my... um, tracks. I don't need phony laughter over lame jokes to make me feel good or "get it". Thank god some of the better comedies today don't use them (30 Rock, Sarah Silverman, CYE). I would have hoped by now people were sophisticated enough not to need them. I don't mean that to be snooty... TV is more sophisticated in many instances. Too bad some sitcoms still need to pepper their shows with the canned stuff.

BTW, I thought Knights could be downright hilarious at times.

Hey! :welcome to SatelliteGuys! Join in on the fun in the TV Programming Threads!

My thought is that if a show is funny, I don't even notice the laugh track. But I agree that you shouldn't need one to enjoy really funny stuff (like this week's 2.5 Men).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)