Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Just finished the finale...pretty amazing, story-wise. Talk about stealing from other movies, this time it was Back to the Future. Feels like they did it all on purpose. Can't say much more without spoilers. It was directed by the very capable and dependable Andy Goddard!

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat
I ended up finishing tonight. I’m not normally into the monster stuff but this was enjoyable. The characters were mostly likable. Cate is my new favorite actress. ;)

the person lost down below could easily return if it is renewed. Overall :bigok

Apple remains my best bang for the buck.

I ended up finishing tonight. I’m not normally into the monster stuff but this was enjoyable. The characters were mostly likable. Cate is my new favorite actress. ;)

the person lost down below could easily return if it is renewed. Overall :bigok

Apple remains my best bang for the buck.
Especially being it is included free in my T-Mobile plan (at least for now).

Loved that it ended with a Godzilla fight.

Hope next season ( if) deals with all the other Titans in Godzilla King of Monsters, Rodan, Mothra and the rest, since they all went basically back into hibernation right before Godzilla vs Kong.

There is a few years of storylines between those two movies.

Loved that it ended with a Godzilla fight.

Hope next season ( if) deals with all the other Titans in Godzilla King of Monsters, Rodan, Mothra and the rest, since they all went basically back into hibernation right before Godzilla vs Kong.

There is a few years of storylines between those two movies.
The show was second priority designed to tee up Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, in March. I would Imagine if there is a season 2, it will use some coat tails from that movie

The show was second priority designed to tee up Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire, in March. I would Imagine if there is a season 2, it will use some coat tails from that movie
They said the timeline in the closing minutes, 2 years later, so close to the second move.

Also, Skull Island was a APEX Facility at the end of the episode, but by the first Godzilla/Kong Movie, it was Monarch Outpost#236, so there would be a storyline in how it changed to Monarch.

I liked it! The characters were engaging, the whole Russell family aspect of playing the same character decades apart was quite unique. The SFX were very well done, too.

I thought it was a satisfying Season Finale. Well done!

Reactions: KAB