KNMD-DT, has filed to FCC for TX power increase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I just noted on the FCC's database showing KNMD-DT has filed for TX power upgrade from 5.140 KW to 16.6 KW ERP. :)

No change to ATSC 3.0 so far.

It is pretty rare for PBS station to upgrade their TX power in day and age of COVID-19 era.

Still no news on ATSC 3.0 for Albuquerque's TV market.

That's the news from Albuquerque's DMA areas.:hatsoff

Who know what, if theirs a KNMD-DT's transmitter is future proof for ATSC 3.0 or get a new transmitter that will be able to do ATSC 3.0. :hatsoff :hungry

Isn’t the wave forming separate from the transmitter? Or that was combined “to save money?”

My wife and I love Masterpiece on PBS. We try to watch the east and west feeds on 125w instead of channel 5 here in Albuquerque. The picture quality is so much better on the satellite. And thats before they decided to cram two more sub channels into the bandwidth.

Reactions: N5XZS
Or just make it KNMD-DT, Just carry France 24 on 9.1 and DW or NHK World on 9.2.

Just leave PBS World and create on KNME-DT only with the rest of the other PBS networks.

Whichever they think the best.

Would have been whole lot better if they went to ATSC 3.0, but then again you are starting over it again.

It's like jigsaw puzzle I guess. :rolleyes::hatsoff

I just noted that KNME-DT has now added 2 new subchannels today.

Remapped ch. 5.4 and .5 rf ch. 35

PBS World ch 5.4 in 1080i

PBS Create ch. 5.5 in 480i

Rebroadcasting from KNMD-DT and showing original station's ID on KNMDE-DT.

Now I would like to see no more duplicates and have KNMD-DT replace PBS world and PBS Create with 2 new channels something like France 24 and DW TV, or NHK World for those people don't have access to FTA satellite dish. :rolleyes: :hungry

The picture quality looks ok to me I guess from looks of it.:hatsoff

Reactions: Trip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts