knocking out signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sdolloff

Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
grand rapids michigan
hi guys - here's the scoop:

I have dish network. we bought the 4 tv package, meaning we have 2 dvr/receivers. we only hooked up 3 tvs, one in the living room, one in the bedroom, and one in a rec room.

we decided to move the rec room tv into my son's room (less of him hogging the tv in the living room :)

so...I moved the tv. I already had coax cable run into that room, so i figured it would be a simple step to just plug that cable into one of the splitters coming into the house, right?

each of the splitters has a connection for sat, antenna, and the in/out connection. One of my splitters had all three connected. ( i assumed that this was the tv in the living room w/receiver and the one in the rec room, without a receiver. The other one, i assumed, was the one in the bedroom with it's own receiver. So i hooked up the coax from my son's room into the splitter that originally didn't have a cable hooked up to the antenna output on it. Seemed like a no-brainer.

When i turned the tv on, it worked great. For about 2 minutes. When i tried to turn the channel, the satellite loses the signal and then pretty much sits there trying to acquire it. At first I thought maybe it was just a coincidence, dishnetwork was having problems, etc. but I unhooked it and the 2 tv's with receivers go back to working.

I've tried switching the antenna input to both splitters, but same result. Whichever tv gets the additional one added to it, the satellite signal goes out.
i know this is probably too longwinded and hard to understand, but if you think you get what I'm saying, please let me know if you have any possible solutions.

thanks

ok, looks like i was just experiencing a dish network loss of satellite signal. kind of coincidence, since i normally hardly ever have that. but today all 3 tv's are working fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)