KNTV channel 11 San Jose reception problems

victorb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 14, 2004
California
Anyone else having pixelation and sound breakup with KNTV 11 San Jose?
Neighbors who have Direct TV don't seem to be having the problem.
Been going on about a week.
Notified Dish but they haven't replied.
Thanks.

People in the SF Bay Area are reporting the same on OTA as well. Dish gets their KNTV signal OTA. This is not a Dish issue, it is KNTV's ball to roll...

Reactions: Tampa8
It's hard to believe that they don't monitor their OTA signal at KNTV. Apparently they're not, or they would have seen all of the break ups.

It's amazing that many of today's TV stations let problems slip by and not notice them. I don't think any of the staff at many of these stations are watching their own channels. We have several stations transmitting the wrong aspect ratio - pictures are too skinny or too wide, stations transmitting sub-channels with no programming on them - just a blank black screen, stations sending no PSIP information for weeks at a time, and so on. When viewers call them to complain they get the cold shoulder.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
I'm also in the Bay Area and have been having bad signal problems only with KNTV (NBC local for Bay Area in San Jose) since around Aug 20. Both the SD and HD feeds from Dish appear to have the same problem... frequent video and sound problems that makes it unwatchable at times. Can they really be having an OTA reception issue that affects a significant number of users for this long?

Our local NBC affiliate (KTSM) has been that way for about a year. Also, the stretched and squeezed sub-channels are a nightmare. The providers blame the station and the station blames the providers, or even my own antenna. I almost find it reassuring that you are having similar problems in the technological capital of the country. I have been blaming my hometown incompetence.

I'm also in the Bay Area and have been having bad signal problems only with KNTV (NBC local for Bay Area in San Jose) since around Aug 20. Both the SD and HD feeds from Dish appear to have the same problem... frequent video and sound problems that makes it unwatchable at times. Can they really be having an OTA reception issue that affects a significant number of users for this long?
Absolutely! They had it fixed, for a minute, but it is back again with a vengeance. Do this if you are seeing this issue today:
call KNTV 408-432-6221 and press
option 4 to report this signal problem. Multiple calls
might get their attention.

It's hard to believe that they don't monitor their OTA signal at KNTV. Apparently they're not, or they would have seen all of the break ups.

It's amazing that many of today's TV stations let problems slip by and not notice them. I don't think any of the staff at many of these stations are watching their own channels. We have several stations transmitting the wrong aspect ratio - pictures are too skinny or too wide, stations transmitting sub-channels with no programming on them - just a blank black screen, stations sending no PSIP information for weeks at a time, and so on. When viewers call them to complain they get the cold shoulder.

I know that my local NBC station (WDSU) has NBC on every one of their desk workers televisions 24/7. I think that's the only channel they're allowed to watch while at work, at least according to a former classmate that interned there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)