Kobe Bryant could leave Lakers for Europe

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Hmmmm....maybe it won't be LeBron....but Kobe!

In 10 days the Lakers will gather at their training facility for their annual media day. Kobe's done these camp- opening inter- views and photo shoots now for 12 years. Professionally never been anything but a Laker. Only next year he could be somewhere else. Like in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben or that other Colosseum. Kobe can opt out of his contract at the end of the season. Can become a complete free agent. Place bets he will. He already indicated at the Beijing Olympics, he would entertain offers from European teams. Preposterous? Outrageous? Kobe would never leave the greatest basketball league on the planet? Would never walk away from his beloved Lakers? Really? Haven't you been paying attention? He almost left once to be a Clipper. Tried to force the Lakers to trade him - when was that again? Oh, yeah - last summer. Kobe is a perfect candidate to flee the NBA for Europe. Both in international stature and personal makeup. Both because of his European background and the economic sense. "I think there is a great possibility, if for no other reason than he will make his value worth much more than anyone can imagine," said Sonny Vaccaro, the basketball guru. "For the first time, they'll actually be in competition."

And THIS is for those in here...and there are plenty...who think there isn't enough cash to complete with US NBA owners:

All this presumes there are European owners actually deep enough to offer $50million a year. That's near the two-year total he would be walking away from on his Laker contract should he opt out. Vaccaro, who helped send former Dominquez prep star Brandon Jennings to Italy this fall, said most Americans are ignorant of the wealth of European ownership. "Some of the owners in Europe have more money than the majority of owners in the NBA," he said. "It's a small number, but it's a fact. They're billionaires. "The trouble with America is we think they're penny-ante. They're not. These individuals are very wealthy. They can do this." As Vaccaro points out, it's in their best interest to try, if only for the publicity it generated. And in Kobe's best financial interest to listen. "A trailblazer? My, god, this is Kobe Bryant. It's not Brandon Jennings. It's not Josh Childress," Vaccaro said. "This is Kobe Bryant. He's been acclaimed the greatest living player. His testament to basketball has been written. No one can deny him his greatness. "I totally believe he will take it to the wall."

DILBECK: Kobe could be a trail blazer -- of the international kind -- and could say goodbye to L.A. - LA Daily News

And if you don't think others might follow....keep dream....:rolleyes:

you don't think kobe wants to win a championship here first? he'll get great money in europe but winning in europe won't feel the same as winning a finals here. Unless he doesn't care about that.

All I have to say to Kobe is. GET THE HECK OUTTA HERE THEN!!!!!!!!

i understand but you don't think he wants one without shack? or is he finally over that?

This is not directed at you Rey....but I have said this before and people just cannot seem to get this through their thick heads....EVERYTHING is negociable.....

E.....V......E......R....Y......T.....H.....I....N....G.....:(

This is not directed at you Rey....but I have said this before and people just cannot seem to get this through their thick heads....EVERYTHING is negociable.....

E.....V......E......R....Y......T.....H.....I....N....G.....:(

TRUE :)
money.gif
dolla dolla bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)