mwgiii

Gaming Guru & Pub Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

From the GameSpot UK review:

It's also worth noting the online registration process, which locks your copy of the game to your Konami account for online play. This means that if you ever want to sell your copy of the game, the next person will be unable to play online unless he or she has your registration details. To our knowledge this is the first time this has happened in a PS3 title, and Konami's UK office declined to respond to enquiries over why the system was implemented.

Wow. So Konami is locking online to the registered user. This is not good.

Source: Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 for PlayStation 3 Review - PlayStation 3 Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Review

Wow! I was going to reply to the other thread with Winning Eleven that I'd like to see on the next Gen platform. This is the only soccer game I enjoyed playing on the Xbox. If this is the case, I won't be buying. Is there going to be a 360 version?

Interesting way for them to protect their investment... it sucks, but I understand it from a business perspective. Personally I've never understood the used market anyway - why would I buy a used game just to save $5 or $10? It's not like they sell them for half price or something.

This will also kill the rental market. You can get good deals on used games, depending on the title and how long it's been out.

hehe, I am sure Konami would work something out.
Anyways it sucks for EB/GameCrazy mainly because now they can't buy the used games for like 1/3 of the price and they are going to be really pissed, because no one would be buying the used ones. That means EB/Gamestop would have less profit on MGS4 used games.

yeah but those last two examples are MMO's as a rule of thumb they are NEVER allowed traded in unless there ia douche working the shift but he'll getr his arse chewed out for a useless copy as, well that copy is as important as a cup of pure donkey Sh*T.

Sony themselves killed the used PS3 game market. None of the Gamestops around here sell used PS3 games.

Sony themselves killed the used PS3 game market. None of the Gamestops around here sell used PS3 games.
The ones here sell them.

As it is, all the game publishers want to kill the used game market. Because they don't get any royalties from used sales, so they consider every used sale as a loss in business.
The publishing companies have even gone to court to stop it (or mandate royalties on used sales), but the courts have rejected their arguments.
First-sale doctrine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

People should just stop buying all their games if a company does this.

They dont sell them? or they just dont have any inventory? It doesnt make sense why some locations wouldn't carry them at all..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)