Assassins Creed Commercials. Showcasing PS3 Only

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
UPDATED: Video of Commercial on Youtube!! YouTube - Assassin's Creed PS3 Commercial

I've seen these commercials many times over the past few days and quite frankly I am very surprised to see that there is NO mention anywhere in the commercials that the game is for the 360. Same goes for the Simpsons game actually. There is no 360 logo, anywhere in the commercial, not even at the end where they usually place those small graphics of the system(s) that it is on.

The commercial opens with a PS logo. The original one.
medium_logo-playstation.jpg

Next the Ubisoft logo
Then the game footage

Then it ends with Assassins Creed in the middle of the screen and 4 small graphics below it in this order.
Ubisoft, Original PS Logo, Playstation 3 logo, and M for mature symbol.

It then shows the full screen Playstation 3 graphic (the same graphic and sound you see/hear when you first start a game on PS3) and transitions into a Playstation 3, starting at $399 graphic.

I just find it very interesting that both the simpsons game and assassins creed are featuring only PS graphics. To the everyday joe, these games would seem to be exclusive to the PS3, when in actuality they are not.

Last edited:
I noticed this too, though not quite in so much detail. I pointed out 'this is a game that looks cool, might pick it up' and fiance pointed out 'it doesn't have the 360 logo there, why?'

I think i muttered something about Sony and Hitler and she decided not to ask again. (jk)

Sony paid extra money to keep the 360 logo name out of those games advertising.
A smart move, If sony plays their card well, they might just outsell Assasin Creed/ the simpsons game on the PS3 than the 360.
Also Sony is playing the PS3 commercials on almost all the channels and very often.
Its nearly Christmas time, then want to push the sales higher and higher, there may be another price drop before this christmas season, who knows.

Sony paid extra money to keep the 360 logo name out of those games advertising.
A smart move, If sony plays their card well, they might just outsell Assasin Creed/ the simpsons game on the PS3 than the 360.
Also Sony is playing the PS3 commercials on almost all the channels and very often.
Its nearly Christmas time, then want to push the sales higher and higher, there may be another price drop before this christmas season, who knows.

I suspect the Assassin's Creed ads on Xbox Marketplace will be a sufficient reminder of the title's release. All this does is prevent new 360 purchasers from seeing this title and thinking 'ok, finally going to get a 360'.

Baby steps...

correct, but its smart from Sony, because It will help them sell more consoles.

It won't hurt the 360. Most gamers already know about it from the various online sites and gamer mags. If any thing It helps remind those that bought a PS3 that finally a decent game is coming out for them.