Korean Channels on Telstar 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cyberian75

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Oregon
How many Korean channels are there on IA5??? The free channels -- SBS, etc. -- listed on Lyngsat are really free and active?

Thanks. :)

Is Lyngsat really up-to-date???

I'm asking because an installer is saying otherwise.

Lyngsat takes the info from users. The owner is across the Atlantic, so he can't see our satellites here.

Considering IA5 is one of the most up-to-date satellites on there, I'd say yes.

Maybe someone can check IA5 and verify?

Does the elevation setting differ on each satellite? I tought it was based only on my geograhical location...?

Elevation varies with each satellite, but it varies greatly on geographic location

As an example, I am in Minnesota. G11, IA6, G3 and IA5 (91, 93, 95 & 97 W) are basically at the same elevation. But for someone out in LA, the elevation goes up 1.2 degrees as you go up the scale because its true south (where its highest elevation) is much farther west than Minnesota (IA6 is my true south). For LA, Dish 121 and Galaxy 10 (123) are almost the same elevation

Lyngsat.com is updated on a daily basis, as Iceberg stated its only as good as the info provided by the public, but its a fantastic resource.

There is also this site: http://satcodx7.com/2630/eng/
but the infos are generally a little bit less "fresh" than Lyngsat, but worth to chek it sometimes.

Normally, on IA5, there is only 2-3 korean channels (mostly religious) that are FTA full time. But sometimes, like this week, there is 4 more channels in clear on tps 11789 V 25000 and 12122 H 22000.

Cyberian
Check out the 2 links that I posted above. That will give you the most current info

Lyngsat.com is updated on a daily basis, as Iceberg stated its only as good as the info provided by the public, but its a fantastic resource.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts