Amc 8

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, not the Anchorage stations, I talking about Alaska One, Gavel to Gavel and Univeristy of Alaska TV. These are all on AMC 8 at 139 degrees west. Years ago I could pick up watchable signals on C band from Satcom F5, the fore runner of AMC 8. I got away from it over the years, but became re interested when I discovered DVB.

It was all there a week ago.
I was watching a program about the sinking of an old sailing ship on Alaska One and just geting intrested when WHAM , somebody flips a switch and it becomes KUAC-TV with some network drivel :(
Lost intrest real quick.

I noticed your location, that would have a lot to do with it. I checked the footprint for AMC 8 and it said it was good for all 50 states. Would you happen to know if the LyngSat FRs and SRs are accurate?

Yes, Lyngsat is still accurate.
Nothing is being aired currently on Alaska One TV but it did re-scan in correctly.

You said "Well, I'm back at it again." . What would "IT" be ? ? ?

I have been trying pull these stations in for over a year, to no avail. That's what "back at it" means. I get nothing from the LyngSat numbers and I can get a few other FRs, but on the 3618 they always say "no channel" and on they 3688 it just clicks off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)